|Born|| December 20 1994,|
LaSalle, QC, CAN
| 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)
| NHL team (P)|
| Buffalo Sabres|
Rochester Americans (AHL)
|NHL Draft|| 57th overall, 2013|
St. Louis Blues
</div></div> William Carrier (born December 20, 1994) is a Canadian professional ice hockey forward. He is currently playing with the Rochester Americans of the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect for the Buffalo Sabres of the National Hockey League (NHL). Carrier was selected by the St. Louis Blues in the 2nd round (57th overall) of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
He was born in LaSalle, Quebec, but grew up in Pierrefonds, Quebec. Carrier was selected in the fourth round, 61st overall at the 2010 QMJHL draft by the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. He was a member of the Bronze Medal winning Team Canada at 2012 IIHF World U18 Championships. Leading up to the 2013 NHL Entry Draft, Carrier was lauded as a top-30 prospect.
On January 7th, 2014, the Eagles traded Carrier along with Matthew Donnelly to the Drummondville Voltigeurs in exchange for Guillaume Gauthier, a first round pick in 2015, and a fifth round pick in 2014.
Awards and honoursEdit
|IIHF World U18 Championship Bronze Medal (Team Canada)||2012|||
- ↑ http://www.hockeysfuture.com/prospects/william-carrier/
- ↑ Shinkaruk scores winner as Canada beats Finland for bronze at U18 worlds - Hockey - Cape Breton Post
- ↑ The Hockey WritersWilliam Carrier – The Next Ones: NHL 2013 Draft Prospect Profile | The Hockey Writers
- ↑ http://www.capebretoneagles.com/article/screaming-eagles-trade-carrier/156621
- ↑ Hockey's Future - William Carrier
- William Carrier's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- William Carrier's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at William Carrier. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|