|West Coast Hockey Conference|
The West Coast Hockey Conference is an ACHA Division II club hockey league which will begin play in the 2010-2011 season. The conference is made up of five previously independent Division II hockey programs in California and Arizona. Arizona State University previously played in the Pacific 8 Intercollegiate Hockey Conference.
For the first season each team will play each other twice for a total of ten conference games. At the end of the regular season a champion will be crowned.
- Arizona State University
- California State University, Fullerton
- Long Beach State University
- Loyola Marymount University
- Northern Arizona University
- San Diego State University
About the teamsEdit
- California State University, Fullerton previously belonged to the Pacific Collegiate Hockey Association (PCHA) Division III conference before the program disbanded in 2005. The Titans won three PCHA championships in 1986, 1987 and 1988. The Titans re-established their program in 2008, playing their first season in Division III before moving up to Division II before the 2009-10 season.
- Long Beach State University previously belonged to the PCHA. The 49ers won one PCHA championship in 1982. However the 49ers have played in Division II for a number of years.
- Loyola Marymount University first had an ice hockey team from 1930 to 1942. In 2006 the program was re-established. The Lions are the only private institution in the conference.
- Northern Arizona University previously belonged to the PCHA before moving up to Division II before the 2009-10 season. The Ice Jacks are still the only school outside of California to play in the PCHA.
- San Diego State University is the fourth university in the WCHC to have previously played in the PCHA. The Aztecs won three PCHA championships in 1998, 2007 and 2008. The Aztecs moved up to Division II before the 2008-09 season.