Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The UConn Classic is an annual holiday tournament in men's hockey hosted by the Connecticut Huskies. Its first season was in 1993-94, and 2005-06 will be its thirteenth edition. The tournament takes place on the weekend between Christmas and New Year's.
Since its move to a Division I tournament, it has not been held in a very high regard, considered a very minor tournament. In 2002-03, though, the tournament had its best field, with top ten ranked Ferris State amongst the four participants (it would also see the Bulldogs get upset by Alabama-Huntsville in the first round).
The 2005-06 Classic will feature the Huskies alongside the Army Black Knights, the UMass Minutemen and the Bowling Green Falcons; its first round games (Connecticut vs. Army and Massachusetts vs. Bowling Green) will be on December 29th, 2005, and the consolation and championship games the following day, December 30th, 2005.
List of Tournament ChampionsEdit
- 1993 - Holy Cross
- 1994 - Colby
- 1995 - Connecticut
- 1996 - Mercyhurst
- 1997 - Colby
- 1998 - Alabama-Huntsville
- 1999 - Connecticut
- 2000 - Wayne State
- 2001 - Air Force
- 2002 - Alabama-Huntsville
- 2003 - Connecticut
- 2004 - Brown
List of Tournament MVPsEdit
- 1993 - Tom Field, forward, Babson
- 1994 - Dan Lavergne, forward, Colby
- 1995 - John Dunmar, defenseman, Connecticut
- 1996 - John Evangelista, forward, Mercyhurst
- 1997 - Scott Bonnell, goaltender, Colby
- 1998 - Cedrik Billequey, goaltender, Alabama-Huntsville
- 1999 - Mark Senerchia, goaltender, Connecticut
- 2000 - Maxim Starchenko, forward, Wayne State
- 2001 - Brian Rodgers, forward, Air Force
- 2002 - Ryan Leasa, defenseman, Alabama-Huntsville
- 2003 - Scott Tomes, goaltender, Connecticut
- 2004 - Adam D'Alba, goaltender, Brown