"Saints" is the name of the sports teams from Selkirk College, located in Castlegar, British Columbia. Selkirk College is in the British Columbia Intercollegiate Hockey League (BCIHL). They entered the league in 2006-07, the league's second year of existence.
In other sports, the Saints are a member of the Pacific West Athletic Association (PWAA), also referred to as "Pac West". The PWAA is affiliated with the Canadian Colleges Athletic Association (CCAA). Neither the PWAA nor the CCAA operate a hockey competition. The only CCAA-affiliated conference with a hockey program is the Alberta Colleges Athletic Conference (ACAC).
- BCIHL: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
After many seasons of 1 or 2 wins per season, and always finishing last or second last, the team came alive in 2012-13, finishing first with a 21-3-0 record. They swept the Victoria Vikings and Simon Fraser Clan to take the title. In 2013-14 they went 20-3-1 and swept the Thompson Rivers Wolfpack and Trinity Western Spartans to repeat. So in two seasons they were 41-6-1 in regular season and 8-0-0 in playoffs. They then accomplished the three-peat in 2014-15 and a four-peat in 2015-16.
List of SeasonsEdit
- 2006-07 BCIHL Season
- 2007-08 BCIHL Season
- 2008-09 BCIHL Season
- 2009-10 BCIHL Season
- 2010-11 BCIHL Season
- 2011-12 BCIHL Season
- 2012-13 BCIHL Season won championship
- 2013-14 BCIHL Season won championship
- 2014-15 BCIHL Season won championship
- 2015-16 BCIHL Season won championship
- 2016-17 BCIHL Season
- Eastern Washington Eagles (Big Sky - NCAA)
- Selkirk College Saints (PWAA - CCAA)
- Simon Fraser Clan (GNAC - NCAA)
- Trinity Western Spartans (CWUAA - CIS)
- Vancouver Island Mariners (PWAA - CCAA)
- Victoria Vikings (CWUAA - CIS)