|Location|| 5333 Prairie Stone Pkwy |
Hoffman Estates, Illinois 60192-3720
|Opened||October 26, 2006|
|Owner||Ryan Companies US, Inc. (75%); Sears Holdings Corporation (25%)|
|Construction cost||US$62 million|
|Tenants|| Chicago Hounds (UHL) (2006–2007) |
Chicago (ECHL) (2011–future)
The Sears Centre is an 11,000-seat multi-purpose family entertainment, cultural and sports center in Hoffman Estates, Illinois, a northwest suburb, 25 miles from Chicago. The arena has 43 luxury suites on two separate levels. The venue opened on October 26, 2006, with performances by Duran Duran and Bob Dylan; it was estimated to attract over 750,000 visitors annually. In 2008 the Sears Centre hosted only 8 concerts, far below the 20 shows a 2005 feasibility study for the arena suggested was needed.
The Sears Centre is located near the former site of the Poplar Creek Music Theater, a venue that was also located in Hoffman Estates from 1980 to 1994. Food services are provided by Levy Restaurants.
Recently, due to the state of the national economy, the centre has struggled to book attractive events. The Village of Hoffman Estates may have to take over ownership after 2010, putting taxpayers on the hook for nearly $90 million according to officials in July 2009.
- Chicago Slaughter - Indoor Football League
- An ECHL franchise has been approved for the stadium for 2011.
- Chicago Bliss - Lingerie Football League (Fall 2009)
- Chicago Shamrox - National Lacrosse League (Two seasons: 2007-2008)
- Chicago Storm - Xtreme Soccer League (Three seasons: 2006-2009. League on hiatus for 2009-10 season)
- Chicago Hounds - United Hockey League
Notable events held at the Sears Centre include:
- The fourth annual TNA Bound for Glory Professional wrestling pay-per-view event - October 12, 2008, which was TNA's first ever PPV event in Chicago.
- The annual Heartland International Tattoo music and dance festival
- The International Fight League - May 19, 2007
- The inaugural University of Notre Dame Shilelagh Hockey Tournament - January 2009
- Strikeforce: Fedor vs Rogers - November 7, 2009
Artists that have performed at the Centre include The Who, The Eagles, Billy Joel, The Killers, Faith Hill, Matchbox Twenty, Carrie Underwood, Little Big Town, Heaven & Hell, Queensrÿche, Alice Cooper, Reba McEntire, Lil' Wayne, Keri Hilson, T-Pain, Gym Class Heroes, George Strait, Ronnie Milsap & Lionel Richie, among others.
- ↑ http://www.echl.com/cgi-bin/mpublic.cgi?action=show_news2&cat=1&id=22275
- ↑ Bound For Glory 2008 In Chicago. TNAWrestling.com (2007-09-20). Retrieved on 2008-06-09.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Sears Centre. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|