San Francisco is a city in northern California, United States. The city has a population of over 800,000 and the San Francisco Bay Area has a population of over 7,400,000.
The area has had two NHL teams - the defunct Oakland Seals in Oakland and the San Jose Sharks of San Jose.
- (California Hockey League, 1928-1929)
- (Western Hockey League (minor pro), 1961-1966) renamed California Seals when relocate to Oakland
- (Pacific Coast Hockey League, 1944-1950) folded
- (Pacific Hockey League, 1977-1979) fold during season
- Cow Palace
- Embarcadero Center Holiday Ice Rink
- Yerba Buena Ice Skating & Bowling Center