Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
It has a population of about 173,000 and a metropolitan population of about 1,600,000.
Providence has hosted:
1985 and 1986 Hockey East Tournament Finals
- Providence Bruins (American Hockey League, 1992-present)
- Providence Capitals (United States Premier Hockey League-Elite, 2014-Present)
- Providence Reds
- Canadian-American Hockey League (1926-1936) join International-American Hockey League
- International-American Hockey League (1936-1940) league renamed American Hockey League
- American Hockey League (1940-1976) renamed Rhode Island Reds
- (ECAC 1962-Present)
- (ECAC 1962-1984) joined Hockey East
- Hockey East (1984-Present)
- Dunkin' Donuts Center (1972-Present) known as Providence Civic Center (1972-2001)
- George Meehan Auditorium
- Rhode Island Auditorium (1926-1989)
- Schneider Arena *(1973-Present) home of Providence College men's and womens ice hockey teams
- Bank of America Skating Center
- Providence, Rhode Island on Wikipedia