Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Born||November 11 1949|
Peter Maher (born November 11, 1949) has been the radio voice of the NHL's Calgary Flames since they moved to Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 1980. He currently announces Flames games on the city's all-sports radio station, The Fan 960. His voice is instantly recognized throughout Calgary by almost everyone, hockey fan or not.
He became famous on the Internet in 2004 after using his trademark "Yeah, baby!" cry vigorously several times in a row after the Flames scored an overtime winner to win a playoff series. The Flames went on to the Stanley Cup finals that year, but lost in the 7th game to the Tampa Bay Lightning.
Famous Quotations Edit
- Everytime the Flames win a game
- And you can put it in the win coloumn!
- Flames and Oilers meet in the second round of Stanley Cup Playoffs in 1986. Steve Smith Passes attempts to pass but puck goes off Grant Fuher's skate and into the net
- YEAH BABY
- Game 6, Second Round of Playoffs, 2004, Calgary vs. Detroit. Flames upset Red Wings and win Game 6 in the Saddledome
- The puck in the left corner for Iginla...Iginla left circle, a shot! Save, rebound, SCORES! YEAH BABY! YEAH BABY! MARTIN GELINAS SCORES! THE FLAMES WIN IT, 1-0! YEAH BABY!
- Canada wins the Gold Medal at the 2010 Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver
- "Puck flies to the goal mouth however, now Crosby is at the left wing boards, gets to left corner to Iginla. Iginla, CROSBY SCORES! SIDNEY CROSBY GIVES CANADA GOLD! YEAH BABY, YEAH BABY, YEAAHH BABY!
- http://www.fan960.com/station_info/jock_bios.jsp (scroll down and click on photo of Peter Maher for more info, or click here)