Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Omaha is the largest city in the state of Nebraska, with a metro population of over 800,000.
- American Hockey League (2005-2007) become Quad City Flames
- American Hockey Association (1939-1942) suspend operations with league, join USHL in 1945
- United States Hockey League (1945-1951) fold with league
- Central Hockey League (1968-1975) folded
- United States Hockey League (1986-2002) become River City Lancers (based in Council Bluffs, IA), which moved back to Omaha in 2004
- United States Hockey League (2004-present)
- Central Collegiate Hockey Association (1999-2010) joined WCHA
- Western Collegiate Hockey Association (2010-2013) joining NCHC
- National Collegiate Hockey Conference (2013-Charter member)
- Ak-Sar-Ben (1929-2002) demolished 2005
- Omaha Civic Auditorium (1954-Present)
- Qwest Center Omaha (2003-Present) expanded in 2006
- Benson Ice Arena
- Moylan Iceplex
- Motto McLean Ice Arena
- ConAgra Foods Ice Rink
- UNO Community Arena (scheduled to open in the fall of 2015 to be home of the Nebraska-Omaha Mavericks hockey program)
- Omaha, Nebraska on Wikipedia