|City||Okotoks, Alberta, Canada|
|League||Chinook Hockey League|
|Home arena||Scott Seaman Sports Rink|
|Head coach||Jeff Peters|
The Okotoks Drillers are a AAA senior men's ice hockey team based in Okotoks, Alberta, Canada, that competes in the Chinook Hockey League. The club was founded in 2013 as an AA affiliate of the Chinook Hockey League and gained AAA affiliate status in 2014 after winning the 2014 Investors Group Hockey Alberta Provincials Senior AA tournament. The Drillers play their home games at the Scott Seaman Sports Rink.
The Drillers were formed in 2013 and joined the Chinook Hockey League (ChHL) as an expansion team for the 2013–14 season as an AA affiliate. The team competed in two games of the Chinook Hockey League's pre-season showcase tournament winning their opening game against the Innisfail Eagles and losing the second game to the Bentley Generals. The Drillers finished the regular season in fourth place, advancing to the 2014 Investors Group Hockey Alberta Provincials Senior AA/A tournament. The Drillers defeated the Morinville Kings in the quarterfinals of the tournament and advanced to the AA bracket semifinal against the Bonneville Pontiacs. After defeating the Pontiacs 10-2 the Drillers advanced to the AA bracket final where they defeated the Daysland Northstars to win the AA tournament and gain AAA affiliate status for the 2014–15 season. The AAA status allows the team to compete in the Chinook Hockey League's AAA playoffs and attempt to qualify for the Allan Cup tournament.
The Drillers started the 2014–15 season with two games in the Chinook Hockey League's pre-season classic tournament with games against the Innisfail Eagles and Stony Plain Eagles. The team improved on last years placement in the regular season finishing second in the standings behind the Bentley Generals. The Drillers were drawn against the Innisfail Eagles in their opening round of the playoffs where they lost the series, winning only one of the five games.
According to the Chinook Hockey League website the Drillers are sitting out the 2015-16 season.
Season by season resultsEdit
|2013–14||24||7||16||1||15||76||128||4th||Won 2014 Alberta Provincials Senior AA final, 4–1 (Daysland Northstars)|
|2014–15||24||13||10||1||27||117||122||2nd||Lost in ChCL AAA Playoffs semifinal series, 1–4 (Innisfail Eagles)|
- ↑ Okotoks Drillers. Chinook Hockey League (2013-09-16). Retrieved on 2015-04-18.
- ↑ Gilbertson, Wes (2015-01-22). Okotoks Drillers no minor-league product. Calgary Sun. Archived from the original on 2015-04-24. Retrieved on 2015-04-24.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 Greer, Remy (2014-04-02). Drillers in a league of their own at provincials. Okotoks Western Wheel. Archived from the original on 2015-04-24. Retrieved on 2015-04-24.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 Schedule. Chinook Hockey League. Retrieved on 2015-04-24.
- ↑ Chinook HL Team Standings 2013-2014. Elite Prospects. Archived from the original on 2015-04-24. Retrieved on 2015-04-24.
- ↑ Chinook HL Team Standings 2014-2015. Elite Prospects. Retrieved on 2015-04-24.
- ↑ Chinook Hockey League 2015 AAA Playoffs Bracket. Chinook Hockey League. Archived from the original on 2015-04-24. Retrieved on 2015-04-24.
- ↑ http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8469481
- ↑ http://www.westernwheel.com/article/20141126/WHE1101/311269988/-1/whe/drillers-downed-by-league-champs
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Okotoks Drillers. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|