The Icehouse contains two Olympic-sized ice rinks, specialist winter sports gym and is the new home of the Olympic Winter Institute of Australia. Rink 1 is known as the Henke Rink, named in honour of Australian ice sports champion Geoffrey Henke.  Rink 2 is named the Bradbury Rink, after Steven Bradbury, the short-track speedskater who won the 1,000 m Gold Medal at the 2002 Winter Olympics, and was also part of the short track relay team that won Australia's first Winter Olympic medal (a bronze in 1994). It is also home to the only Victorian-based ice hockey team competing in the Australian Ice Hockey League, the Melbourne Ice.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 National Ice Sports Centre - Department of Planning and Community Development, Government of Victoria (Australia). Retrieved 2010-04-01
- ↑ About Us - National Ice Sports Centre. Retrieved 2010-04-01
- ↑ Australian Olympic Winter Sports Institute - National Ice Sports Centre. Retrieved 2010-04-01
- ↑ Official naming of the Henke Rink - National Ice Sports Centre, 2009-12-09. Retrieved 2010-04-01
- ↑ Melbourne Ice homepage. Retrieved 2010-04-01