From 2006 to 2008, NBC's studio show originally broadcast out of the rink at New York's Rockefeller Center, at the foot of NBC's offices during January and February. This allowed the on-air talent, including commentators for NHL on NBC, and their guests (often ex-players and youth hockey teams) to demonstrate plays and hockey skills. From April onwards, and during inclement weather, the studio show moved to Studio 8G inside the GE Building, where NBC produces its Football Night in America program. For the Stanley Cup Finals, the show was broadcast on location.
Beginning in 2008, the studio show originates from the game venue.
- Mike Emrick: lead Play-by-Play (2006–present)
- Eddie Olczyk: lead Color commentator (2006–present)
- Joe Micheletti: lead "Inside the Glass" reporter (2006–present)
- Mike Milbury: studio analyst/"Inside the Glass" reporter (2008–present)
- Dave Strader: #2 play-by-play (2009-2015)
- Brian Engblom: #2 color-by-color commentator (2009-2015)
- Darren Pang: " Inside the Glass" reporter (2007-present)
- Jeremy Roenick: lead NHL Outdoor Games reporter (2008-present)
On Air StaffEdit
- Bill Clement: studio host (2006–2007) also lead color for the Comcast SportsNet Philadelphia
- Chris Cuthbert: play-by-play (2006–present) also play-by-play for NHL on TSN
- Gord Miller: play-by-play (2007-present) also lead play-by-play for NHL on TSN
- Pierre McGuire: "Inside the Glass" reporter (2006, 2011–present); also lead "Inside the Glass" for NHL on TSN
- Cammi Granato: "Inside the Glass" reporter (2006), feature reporter (2007)
- Brian Hayward: "Inside the Glass" reporter (2006-2007) also "Inside the Glass" reporter for all Anaheim Ducks games
- Kenny Albert: play-by-play (2006-present)
- Bill Patrick: substitute studio host (2008)
- Mike Emrick-Eddie Olczyk-Pierre McGuire
- Dave Strader-Brian Engblom-Brian Hayward
- Kenny Albert-Joe Micheletti-Cammi Granato
During its first 2 seasons, NBC used 3 regular broadcast teams for its regional coverage of the NHL. For its 1st season, they brought in Mike Emrick, Eddie Olczyk, and Pierre McGuire, the lead broadcast of NHL on NBC to be their lead announcing pair.
- Mike Emrick-Eddie Olczyk-Joe Micheletti
- Dave Strader-Brian Engblom-Darren Pang
- Chris Cuthbert-Brian Hayward
For the 2006–07 NHL season, the 2nd season of the NHL on NBC, Mike Emrick, and Eddie Olczyk remained as the lead broadcast team, and added popular is the Inside the Glass reporter Joe Micheletti filled in for Pierre McGuire as the lead broadcast of NHL on NBC.
For 2006–07, Darren Pang was used as "Inside the Glass" reporter.
During 2006–07, the #1 broadcast team were mixed up, due to travel constraints. An example of this is "Inside the Glass" reporter Pierre McGuire often switching roles during the season and playoffs.
Also, NBC has scrapped the studio-based intermission show and Liam McHugh and former player and general manager Mike Milbury, and Keith Jones is the new analyst.
Used after NBC/Comcast Merger beginning in 2011
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at NHL on NBC commentators. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|