Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
196 lb (89 kg)
| NHL Team (P)|
| Boston Bruins|
Providence Bruins (AHL)
|Born|| June 4 1988,|
Mt. Lebanon, PA, USA
|NHL Draft|| 190th overall, 2008|
|Pro Career||2010 – present|
On March 3, 2010, the Panthers traded Bartkowski, along with Dennis Seidenberg, to the Boston Bruins for Byron Bitz, Craig Weller, and a 2nd round 2010 NHL Entry Draft choice. On April 29, 2010, Bartkowski was then signed to a two-year entry with the Bruins.
On January 10, 2011, Bartkowski made his NHL debut for the Boston Bruins against his hometown team, the Pittsburgh Penguins. The Bruins went on to win the game 4-2, with Bartkowski registering 2 penalty minutes.
On June 15, 2011, the Boston Bruins won the Stanley Cup in game 7 against the Vancouver Canucks. Bartkowski got to take part in the Bruins celebration and he also got to raise the Stanley Cup without playing a single playoff game with the Bruins. He will not, however, have his name engraved on the Stanely Cup, as a player to have his name inscribed must have played at least 41 games for the championship team during the regular season (provided the player remains with the team when they win the Cup) or played in at least one game of the Stanley Cup Finals.
- Selected as a member of the USHL First All-Star Team (2008).
- Selected as a member of the CCHA All-Rookie Team (2009)
Career statistics Edit
|2008–09||Ohio State University||CCHA||41||5||15||20||46||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||Ohio State University||CCHA||39||6||12||18||99||—||—||—||—||—|
- ↑ Bruins trade Bitz, Weller for Seidenberg. ESPN (2010-03-03). Retrieved on 2010-07-12.
- ↑ Bruins sign Bartkowski. Boston Bruins (2010-04-29). Retrieved on 2011-01-02.
- ↑ Matt Bartkowski, Bruins - Stats - NHL.com - Players
- ↑ http://www.ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=87731&SPID=10406&ATCLID=205160700&DB_OEM_ID=17300
- ↑ NHL.com— Stanley Cup Fun Facts. NHL. Retrieved on 2006-07-15.
- ↑ National Hockey League (2010). The National Hockey League Official Guide & Record Book/2011. Dan Diamond and Associates, 278. ISBN 978-1-60078-422-4.
- ↑ Matt Bartkowski Biography. Ohio State Buckeyes (2010-05-06). Retrieved on 2010-05-06.
- Matt Bartkowski's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Matt Bartkowski's NHL player profile
- Article on his NHL debut
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Matt Bartkowski. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|