|Born|| October 18 1991,|
Kansas City, Missouri, U.S.
| 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
201 lb (91 kg; 14 st 5 lb)
| NHL team (P)|
| Philadelphia Flyers|
Lehigh Valley Phantoms (AHL)
|NHL Draft|| 53rd overall, 2010|
Mark Alt (born October 18, 1991 in Kansas City, Missouri and raised in St. Paul, Minnesota) is an American professional ice hockey defenseman who currently plays for the Lehigh Valley Phantoms of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Alt was a two sport star at Cretin-Derham Hall High School in Minnesota. As a hockey player, Alt was part of the team that qualified for the 2009 Minnesota high school hockey tournament. On the football field, Alt played quarterback for the 2009 Minnesota state football championship team. In 2004, Alt suffered a broken finger which almost ended his career.
Alt joined the Golden Gophers in the 2010–11 season. After missing the first game of the season, he participated in 35 consecutive games. His 10 points (two goals, eight assists) ranked fourth among Gophers defenders in points. He played in his first NCAA game on October 9, 2010 versus Massachusetts. In the same game, he logged his first career NCAA point, an assist on the game-winning goal. January 15, 2011, would mark the first NCAA goal of his career, as he scored versus divisional rival North Dakota.
Alt participated in 2010 U.S. National Junior Evaluation Camp in Lake Placid, New York.
Alt was selected 53rd overall in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft by the Carolina Hurricanes. He was traded to the Philadelphia Flyers on January 13, 2013 along with Brian Boucher for Luke Pither. After his third season of collegiate hockey with the Golden Gophers, Alt signed a three-year entry level contract with the Flyers on April 7, 2013.
His father, John Alt, played for the Kansas City Chiefs of the National Football League.
|2010–11||Minnesota Golden Gophers||WCHA||35||2||8||10||22||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Minnesota Golden Gophers||WCHA||43||5||17||22||43||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Minnesota Golden Gophers||WCHA||39||0||7||7||20||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||44||2||8||10||18||—||—||—||—||—|
|2015–16||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||72||4||15||19||46||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||Lehigh Valley Phantoms||AHL||40||1||10||11||10||5||0||0||0||2|
Awards and honorsEdit
- Finalist for the 2010 Minnesota Mr. Hockey Award.
- ↑ "Mark Alt Gophers player profile". Golden Gophers (2014-02-03). Retrieved on 2014-02-03.
- ↑ "9 returnees head U.S. 2011 Junior Evaluation camp". National Hockey League (2010-06-17). Retrieved on 2014-03-05.
- ↑ "Hurricanes 2010 draft choices". Carolina Hurricanes (2010-07-01). Retrieved on 2010-07-01.
- ↑ Canes Acquire Pither from Flyers for Boucher, Alt. Carolina Hurricanes (January 13, 2013). Retrieved on April 10, 2013.
- ↑ Flyers ink Alt. Philadelphia Flyers (April 7, 2013). Retrieved on April 10, 2013.
- ↑ "Mr. Hockey Finalists announced". Minnesota Wild (2010-04-01). Retrieved on 2010-04-01.