Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The league did quite well in 1968-69 and looked forward to 1969-70. Two things happened which doomed it. First, the province of New Brunswick withdrew from the Maritimes Amateur Hockey Association which meant that no team from that province could be in this league. Second, the Montreal Canadiens sold the Halifax team after the NHL changed sponsorship rules and then concentrated on getting an American Hockey League team into the city, which eventually led to the formation Nova Scotia Voyageurs, who were previously the Montreal Voyageurs
Maritime Junior Playoffs ChampionsEdit
- 1969 Halifax Canadiens (MJHL was only eligible league in region)
- 1970 Charlottetown Islanders
Eastern Canadian ChampionsEdit
Hewitt-Dudley Memorial TrophyEdit
- 1971 Charlottetown Islanders
- Halifax Canadiens (1968-1969) renamed Atlantics, when sold by Montreal Canadiens
- Moncton Beavers (1968-1969) withdraw from league; join New Brunswick Junior Hockey League
- Charlottetown Islanders (1968-1971)
- Halifax Atlantics (1969-1971) disbands
- Cape Breton Metros (1969-1971)
- Dartmouth Lakers (1969-1970)