After the 1961-62 season the Western Canadian Intercollegiate Athletic Union (WCIAU) changed its name to the Western Canadian Intercollegiate Athletic Association (WCIAA, often abbreviated as "WIAA"). The conference was a member of the Canadian Intercollegiate Athletic Union (CIAU), now known as U Sports (CIS). The WCIAA lasted through the 1971-72 season at which time it split into two conferences, the Canada West Universities Athletic Association (CWUAA) and the Great Plains Athletic Conference (GPAC). In 1985-86 the GPAC folded and was merged into a new, expanded CWUAA.
This is a list of seasons for the WCIAA.
The league began with UBC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, and Manitoba.
- 1962-63 WCIAA Season
- 1963-64 WCIAA Season
- 1964-65 WCIAA Season * Calgary's first season, UBC did not compete
- 1965-66 WCIAA Season * UBC did not compete
- 1966-67 WCIAA Season
- 1967-68 WCIAA Season
- 1968-69 WCIAA Season * Winnipeg's first season
- 1969-70 WCIAA Season * Victoria's and Brandon's first seasons
- 1970-71 WCIAA Season
- 1971-72 WCIAA Season
NOTE: In 1972-73 Victoria, UBC, Alberta, Calgary, and Saskatchewan formed the CWUAA and Brandon, Manitoba, and Winnipeg joined Lakehead in GPAC.
- Canada West Universities Athletic Association
- List of CWUAA Seasons (from 1972-73 to present)
- Great Plains Athletic Conference
- List of GPAC Seasons (from 1972-73 to 1984-85)
- List of WCIAA Seasons (from 1962-63 to 1971-72)
- List of WCIAU Seasons (from 1918-19 to 1961-62)
- Ontario University Athletics
- RSEQ (formerly Quebec Student Sports Federation)
- Quebec-Ontario Athletic Association (with seasons from 1954 to 1971)
- List of OUA Seasons (includes CIAU, QOAA & OUAA)
- List of QOAA Seasons (from 1954 to 1971)
- Ontario Intercollegiate Athletic Association (with seasons from 1965 to 1971)
- Ottawa St. Lawrence Conference (with seasons from 1951 to 1971)
- List of QUAA Seasons (from 1971-72 to 1986-87)
- List of Intermediate Intercollegiate Seasons (from 1902-03 to 1938-39)
- Ontario-Quebec Intermediate Intercollegiate series (from 1902-03 to 1934-35)
- Senior Intercollegiate League (1945-46)
- International Intercollegiate League (from 1936-37 to 1939-40)
- West Point Weekend