|League:||Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey|
|Home Arena:||Colisée de Laval|
The Laval Predators (French: Laval Prédateurs) are an ice hockey team based in Laval, Quebec, members of the Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey (LNAH) since 2013. Their home arena is the historic Colisée de Laval, built in 1954 and nicknamed the "House of Pain", which seats 3500 spectators. The team originated in the city of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield as the Valleyfield Braves but relocated to Laval due to lackluster attendance and financial issues.
The team originated in the city of Salaberry-de-Valleyfield for the 2013-14 season as the Valleyfield Braves but it was announced by the league on November 26, just eleven games into the season, that they would be relocated to Laval due to lackluster attendance and financial issues. The team became the first LNAH team to play in Laval since the Laval Chiefs moved to Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu in 2006. The Laval Chiefs finished the regular season in last place and were drawn against the Trois-Rivières Viking in the first round of the playoffs. Viking knocked the Chiefs out of the playoffs in five games with the Chiefs only winning game two. Following the end of the season the team was renamed to Laval Prédateurs.
Season by season resultsEdit
|2013-14||40||10||3||27||23||8th||Lost in quarterfinals, 1–4 (Trois-Rivières Blizzard)|||
- ↑ Lamarre, Sylvain (2013-11-26). Retour de la Ligue nord-américaine de hockey à Laval (French). Courrier Laval. Archived from the original on 2015-02-06. Retrieved on 2015-02-26.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 Laval Predateurs. European Ice Hockey Online. Retrieved on 2015-02-15.
- ↑ Mayrand, Claude-André (2013-11-26). La LNAH débarque à Laval (French). TVA Sports. Archived from the original on 2015-02-06. Retrieved on 2013-11-26.
- ↑ 4.0 4.1 2013-14 Season. Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey. Archived from the original on 2015-02-16. Retrieved on 2015-02-16.
- ↑ 5.0 5.1 2014 Playoffs. Ligue Nord-Américaine de Hockey. Archived from the original on 2015-02-16. Retrieved on 2015-02-16.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Laval Prédateurs. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|