| 5 ft 2 in (1.57 m)|
134 lb (61 kg)
|ECAC Team||Dartmouth Big Green (2002-07)|
|Born|| April 6 1983,|
Thunder Bay, Ontario
|Pro Career||2002 – present|
|Olympic medal record|
|Women's Ice hockey|
|Gold||2006 Turin||Ice hockey|
|IIHF World Women Championships|
Weatherston played for Dartmouth College in the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) from 2002 to 2007. She started playing international hockey for Canada at the 2004 Four Nations Cup. She played for Canada at the 2006 Winter Olympics, held in Torino, Italy.
Prior to joining the Montreal Stars, Weatherston was a member of the Ottawa Capital Canucks. Weatherston joined the Capital Canucks because she had family members living in Ottawa. In 2002, she played soccer for the Ottawa Fury W-League team.
|2007 Women's World Championships||5||3||1||4||0|
|2008 Women's World Championships||5||2||0||2||2|
Awards and honorsEdit
- 2003 ECAC All-Rookie Team
- 2003 All-Ivy Rookie Team
- 2003 ECAC All-Star Honourable Mention
- New England Writers Association Team, 2004-2005
- Second team All-Ivy, 2004-2005
- Third team All-USCHO, 2004-2005
- Canadian Women's Hockey League Eastern Division All-Star (2008)
- 2006-07 ECAC Coaches Preseason All-League Selection
- 2006-07 ECAC Media Preseason All-League Selection
- ↑ Katie Weatherston Bio. Dartmouth College. Retrieved on 2010-01-29.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 PLAYER PROFILE - Katie Weatherston. Hockey Canada. Retrieved on 2010-01-29.
- ↑ http://www.canada.com/ottawacitizen/columnists/story.html?id=b649aca4-4560-49af-b3f0-525e14891b75
- ↑ http://www.uscho.com/stats/player.php?pid=2794&gender=w
- ↑ Collins gem Hockey Facts and Stats 2009-10, p.22, Andrew Podnieks, Harper Collins Publishers Ltd, Toronto, Canada, ISBN 978-1-55468-621-6.
- ↑ ECAC Hockey League Announces Women’s Preseason All-League Teams. ECAChokcey.com. Retrieved on 2011-01-14.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Katie Weatherston. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|