|Born|| March 28 1995,|
Sainte-Agathe-des-Monts, Quebec, Canada
| 5 ft 11 in (1.8 m)|
189 lb (86 kg; 13 st 7 lb)
|NHL team||Tampa Bay Lightning|
|NHL Draft|| 3rd overall, 2013|
Tampa Bay Lightning
Jonathan Drouin (born March 28, 1995) is a Canadian professional ice hockey left winger currently playing for the Tampa Bay Lightning. After a stellar 2012–13 season with the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (QMJHL)'s Halifax Mooseheads, in which he was named CHL Player of the Year and won the Memorial Cup, Drouin was selected by the Lightning in the first round, third overall, of the 2013 NHL Entry Draft.
Drouin was selected second overall by the Halifax Mooseheads in the 2011 QMJHL Entry Draft. After starting the 2011–12 season at the Midget AAA level with the Lac St. Louis Lions, it was announced on December 9, 2011, that Drouin would join the Mooseheads. In his first QMJHL game, against the Acadie-Bathurst Titan, Drouin recorded two assists, including a set-up of the game-winning goal. Drouin was also a key member of Halifax's 2012 playoff success, most notably scoring the overtime winning goal in Game 7 against the Quebec Remparts.
On November 7, 2012, Drouin represented Team QMJHL in Game 2 of the Subway Super Series against Russian junior players; he scored a goal and added three assists. Drouin missed the first game of the series due to a foot injury. At the conclusion of the 2012–13 season, Drouin was named the CHL Player of the Year. He would continue to be an integral player for the Mooseheads during the 2013 playoffs, helping the team win the President's Cup and the 2013 Memorial Cup.
On June 30, 2013, after his highly-successful season, Drouin was drafted by the Tampa Bay Lightning in the first round, third overall in the NHL entry draft. Days later, on July 5, he was signed to a three-year contract by the Tampa Bay Lightning.Drouin, however, was cut from the Lightning roster at the beginning of the 2013–14 season, returning to the Mooseheads for the QMJHL season.
Tampa Bay LightningEdit
During the Lightning's 2014–15 training camp, Drouin sustained an injury. Days later, on September 9, 2014, the Lightning announced that Drouin would miss three-to-four weeks with a slight fracture in his thumb. On October 16, Drouin was assigned to Tampa Bay's American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate, the Syracuse Crunch, on a conditioning stint. The rehabilitation assignment was initially slated for a maximum of two weeks, though it was stated that he could be recalled prior to that timeline. Just three days later, however, on October 19, the Lightning recalled Drouin from his conditioning assignment with the Crunch; he registered one goal, two assists and a +4 plus-minus rating during his AHL stint.
On October 20, 2014, Drouin made his NHL debut against the Edmonton Oilers. The following day, on October 21, he picked up his first NHL assist on a Valtteri Filppula goal in Tampa Bay's 2–1 overtime victory over the Calgary Flames. He then scored his first NHL goal on October 24 against goaltender Ondřej Pavelec of the Winnipeg Jets.
On January 2, 2016, Drouin was reassigned to the Syracuse Crunch of the American Hockey League. Due to injury, Drouin had been limited to only 19 games this season, and had only played in five games since mid-November. Yzerman stated at the time that there was no set date for his return to the NHL. Yzerman also stated that "he's been dealing with a minor nagging injury that is finally healed. With everyone coming back at the same time, it's a good opportunity to get a young player a lot of ice time, get his game right back on top and bring him back at the appropriate time." On January 3, 2016, Drouin's agent, Allan Walsh issued a statement on his behalf. Walsh revealed that Drouin had made a trade request back in November, but had kept the matter private. Walsh referred to it as an "untenable situation," and that it was in everyone's best interest that Drouin be allowed to move on and play hockey.
On January 20, 2016, the Lightning announced that Drouin had been suspended indefinitely without pay for a failure to report to the Crunch's game against the Toronto Marlies that day. Drouin's agent Allan Walsh again issued another statement after the suspension was announced by the Lightning. According to Walsh, a few days prior the Lightning had informed Drouin that a trade was close to being completed. Walsh proposed to the team that Drouin not play due to the impending trade; however, the Lightning decided against this. Walsh further stated that Drouin was not willing to risk being injured, and that due to the situation "it is clearly in the best interests that the Tampa Bay Lightning trade Jonathan as there is no reason for Jonathan to continue with the Tampa Bay Lightning organization in any capacity." Lightning General Manager Steve Yzerman held a press conference the following day. Yzerman denied Walsh's claim that there was a trade nearing. Yzerman stated that "We’ve never said there was a pending deal or a deal close." Yzerman further stated that they were still "actively and aggressively trying to find a deal that works" to trade Drouin. According to Yzerman, there was still "significant" interest from teams, but the way things have played out would make a trade more difficult to make. Yzerman also reiterated his point that he is working for the best interest of the team, and that Drouin's actions put no pressure on him to make a trade.
On March 8, 2016, Drouin reported to the Syracuse Crunch for the first time since he was suspended by the Lightning on January 20. Drouin told the media that he believed that the relationship between him and the team was fine, and that they would fix the situation over the summer. Drouin also said that he planned on putting in the work to try to gain a call-up. On April 4, 2016, the Lightning recalled Drouin from the Syracuse Crunch after a nine-game stint. Drouin had recorded 9 goals and an assist during his recent stint with the Crunch. On the same day, Drouin recorded the game-winning goal in his return. Drouin helped the Lightning defeat the New Jersey Devils, which resulted in the Lightning clinching home ice for the opening round of the 2016 Stanley Cup playoffs. On April 15, 2016, Drouin recorded his first career NHL playoff point in a 5–2 Lightning victory over the Detroit Red Wings. On April 30, 2016, Drouin recorded his first NHL playoff goal in a 4–1 Lightning win over the New York Islanders. Drouin became the fourth Lightning player to score their first NHL playoff goal that was a game winner.
|Competitor for Canada|
|Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament|
Drouin won a gold medal at the 2012 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament as a member of Canada's under-18 team. He later represented Canada's junior team, along with Mooseheads teammate Nathan MacKinnon, at the 2013 World Junior Ice Hockey Championships in Ufa, Russia, where Canada finished fourth.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2010–11||Lac St-Louis Lions||QMAAA||38||22||36||58||38||15||11||17||28||18|
|2011–12||Lac St-Louis Lions||QMAAA||22||22||31||53||35||—||—||—||—||—|
|2014–15||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||70||4||28||32||34||6||0||0||0||2|
|2015–16||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||21||4||6||10||4||17||5||9||14||14|
|2016–17||Tampa Bay Lightning||NHL||73||21||32||53||16||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016||Team North America||WCH||5th||3||1||0||1||0|
Awards and honoursEdit
|Mike Bossy Trophy – QMJHL top professional prospect||2012–13|
|Paul Dumont Trophy – QMJHL personality of the year||2012–13|
|Michel Brière Memorial Trophy – QMJHL Most Valuable Player||2012–13|
|Canadian Hockey League Player of the Year||2012–13|
|QMJHL First Team All-Star||2012–13|||
|Memorial Cup Champion (Halifax Mooseheads)||2013|
|Michel Brière Memorial Trophy – QMJHL Most Valuable Player (finalist)||2013–14|||
|2015 NHL All-Star Skills Competition||2014–15|||
|NHL Fastest Skater – 2015 NHL All-Star Game||2014–15|||
- ↑ QMJHL Network
- ↑ http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/nhl/nathan-mackinnon-s-hat-trick-leads-halifax-mooseheads-to-memorial-cup-win-1.1305498
- ↑ QMJHL Network
- ↑ Halifax Mooseheads
- ↑ Drouin’s debut a success | The Chronicle Herald
- ↑ Moose going back to work | The Chronicle Herald
- ↑ Huberdeau leads QMJHL to win over Russians in Super Series
- ↑ Jonathan Drouin out for Game 1 of Subway Super Series with bruised foot - Prospects
- ↑ Mooseheads' Drouin named CHL Player of the Year. TSN (2013-05-25). Retrieved on 2013-05-25.
- ↑ Lightning sign first round pick Jonathan Drouin. National Hockey League (2013-07-05). Retrieved on 2013-07-05.
- ↑ Tampa Bay Lightning's Jonathan Drouin possibly returning to Halifax. Yahoo! Sports (2013-09-28). Retrieved on 2013-09-28.
- ↑ Smith, Joe (September 22, 2014). Jonathan Drouin's injury not considered serious, but Lightning cautious. Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- ↑ Canadian, Press (September 23, 2014). Lightning rookie forward Jonathan Drouin out 3 to 4 weeks due to right thumb injury. NHL. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- ↑ Baker, Matt (October 16, 2014). Lightning prospect Jonathan Drouin headed to Syracuse for rehab games. Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- ↑ Astleford, Andrew (October 19, 2014). Lightning recall Jonathan Drouin, Luke Witkowski from Syracuse. Fox Sports Florida. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- ↑ Erledsson, Erik (October 21, 2014). Lightining rookie Drouin’s debut impressive. Tampa Tribune. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- ↑ Burns, Bryan (October 22, 2014). Lightning escape with victory in overtime against Flames. Lightning Beat Writer. Retrieved on November 16, 2014.
- ↑ Lightning top Jets; Drouin scores first NHL goal. NHL (2014-10-25). Retrieved on 2014-10-26.
- ↑ Smith, Joe (January 2, 2016). Drouin sent down to AHL Syracuse. Tampa Bay Times. Retrieved on January 20, 2016.
- ↑ O'Brien, James (January 3, 2016). Jonathan Drouin’s agent goes public with trade request from Lightning. NBCSports Pro Hockey Talk. Retrieved on January 20, 2016.
- ↑ Neale, Jen (January 20, 2016). Lightning suspend Drouin without pay, agent says he won't play until traded. Yahoo Sports: Puck Daddy. Retrieved on January 20, 2016.
- ↑ Cooper, Josh (January 24, 2016). Steve Yzerman denies Jonathan Drouin trade was imminent. Yahoo Sports: Puck Daddy. Retrieved on January 21, 2016.
- ↑ Erlendsson, Erik (March 8, 2016). Bolt's Drouin reports to AHL Syrcause, vows to work hard. The Tampa Tribune. Retrieved on March 9, 2016.
- ↑ Fontana, John (April 7, 2016). Jonathan Drouin recalled by Tampa Bay Lightning. SB Nation: Raw Charge. Retrieved on April 7, 2016.
- ↑ Morreale, Mike (April 7, 2016). Drouin scores winner for Lightning against Devils. NHL.com. Retrieved on April 7, 2016.
- ↑ Long, Corey (April 15, 2016). Johnson leads Lightning to Game 2 win vs. Red Wings. NHL.com. Retrieved on April 20, 2016.
- ↑ Long, Corey (April 30, 2016). Drouin helps Lightning win Game 2 vs. Islanders. NHL.com. Retrieved on May 11, 2016.
- ↑ MacKinnon in ‘great position’ for WJC camp invite; Fucale, Drouin ‘long shots’ | Metro
- ↑ Team Canada heading overseas with lockout questions looming
- ↑ Jonathan Drouin wins big at Quebec Major Junior Hockey League awards. The Globe and Mail (2013-04-01). Retrieved on 2013-04-02.
- ↑ Golden puck awards are revealed. Quebec Major Junior Hockey League (2014-04-01). Retrieved on 2014-04-01.
- ↑ Burns, Bryan (January 10, 2015). Steven Stamkos, Tyler Johnson Named NHL All-Stars; Drouin to Compete in Skills Competition. Tampa Bay Lightning Beat Writer. Retrieved on January 25, 2015.
- ↑ Video: Lightning’s Drouin wins fastest skater. NBCSports ProHockeyTalk (January 24, 2015). Retrieved on January 25, 2015.
- Jonathan Drouin's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Jonathan Drouin's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
|Awards and achievements|
|Tampa Bay Lightning first round draft pick|
| Succeeded by|