Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The legendary hockey movie "Slap Shot" was filmed at the Cambria County War Memorial Arena.
- (EHL, 1950-53) transfer to IHL
- (IHL, 1953-55) transfer to EHL
- (EHL, 1955-73), join NAHL
- (NAHL, 1973-77) folded after arena damaged in flood
- (United Junior Hockey League, 2009) league disbands before play
- Johnstown Jr. Chiefs (United Junior Hockey League, 2009) announced as an expansion team on February 24, 2009; renamed Jets before play
- Johnstown Red Wings (EHL, 1979-80) ceased operations
- Johnstown Tomahawks (NAHL, 2012-Present)
- Johnstown Wings
- (Northeastern Hockey League, 1978-1979) join EHL as Red Wings
- (Continental Junior Hockey League, scheduled for 2010 and 2011, but unable to play)
- Cambria County War Memorial Arena (1950-Present)
- Planet Ice
- Johnstown, Pennsylvania on Wikipedia