| 6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
210 lb (95 kg)
| NHL Team (P)|
| Carolina Hurricanes|
Charlotte Checkers (AHL)
|Born|| August 21 1990,|
Thunder Bay, Ontario, CAN
|NHL Draft|| 49th overall, 2008|
|Pro Career||2009 – present|
Jared John Staal (born August 21, 1990) is an ice hockey player who is currently playing for the Charlotte Checkers of the American Hockey League. He is the younger brother of Eric Staal of the Carolina Hurricanes, Marc Staal of the New York Rangers, and Jordan Staal of the Pittsburgh Penguins. He is also the cousin of Jeff Heerema of the Nottingham Panthers.
Jared played 'AAA' midget in Thunder Bay and was drafted in the first round of the 2006 OHL Priority Selection Draft by the Sudbury Wolves (11th overall). Staal played the 2007–08 season with the Wolves. He was selected by the Phoenix Coyotes in the 2nd round of the 2008 NHL Entry Draft, 49th overall. He is the only Staal brother not to be taken in the first round of the NHL Entry Draft and the only one not to have been drafted by an Eastern Conference team. He is the only right shooter of all 4 brothers.
On April 3, 2009, Staal signed an amateur tryout contract with the San Antonio Rampage, the AHL affiliate of the Coyotes. He appeared in five games for the Rampage in 2009, however he was sent back to the Sudbury Wolves for the remainder of the season.
On May 13, 2010, the Carolina Hurricanes acquired his rights from the Phoenix Coyotes in exchange for a fifth-round draft pick. On May 14, 2010 the Hurricanes signed him to a 3 year entry level contract. To start the 2010–11 season, Jared was assigned to the Hurricanes AHL affiliate, the Charlotte Checkers of the AHL. Struggling to gain ice time after 12 games, on November 19, 2010, Jared was re-assigned to ECHL affiliate, the Florida Everblades, but was later recalled.
|2008–09||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||5||0||0||0||0||—||—||—||—||—|
|2009–10||San Antonio Rampage||AHL||5||0||1||1||2||—||—||—||—||—|
- ↑ YOUNGEST STAAL BROTHER SURVIVES LATEST 'CANES ROSTER CUTS
- ↑ Staal aboard as Jared finds NHL fast track
- ↑ Jared Staal signs AHL contract with San Antonio Rampage (April 3, 2009).
- ↑ Coyotes release Jared Staal
- ↑ Canes Acquire Jared Staal from Phoenix Coyotes. Carolina Hurricanes (2010-05-14). Retrieved on 2010-05-14.
- ↑ Coyotes trade prospect Jared Staal to Hurricanes for 5th-round pick in 2010 draft
- ↑ Blades get forward Staal assigned from Charlotte. Florida Everblades (2010-11-19). Retrieved on 2011-01-03.
- ↑ Checkers Swap Forwards with ECHL Affiliate
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Jared Staal. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|