| 5 ft 11 in (1.8 m)|
175 lb (80 kg)
Hockey East Team
| Hebron Academy|
|Born|| January 27, 1984,|
|Pro Career||2002 – 2006|
Jana Bugden (born January 27, 1984) is a women's ice hockey player from Newfoundland. In the NCAA, she competed for the Providence Friars in Hockey East.
At the Hebron Academy in Hebron, Maine, Budgen was captain of the team. In her senior season, Budgen posted a record of 18-5-1, including nine shutouts and a 1.45 goals against average.
Bugden backstopped the Hockey East championship teams of 2003 and 2004, earning shutouts in both title games. She was twice named to the All-Tournament team, while being honored as tournament Most Valuable Player in 2007. In the 2005-06 campaign, Budgen started 32 of 35 Friars contests, while earning a 2.68 goals against average.
Awards and honorsEdit
- 2001 Outstanding Goalie Award, Hockey Night in Boston
- 2002 New England Division II Co-MVP Honors
- Boston Globe All-Scholastic
- 2003 Hockey East All-Rookie selection
- 2004 Hockey East All-Defensive Team
- Hockey East Defensive Player of the Week (Week of February 28, 2006)
- Providence Hockey East All-Decade Team