|Born|| December 21 1992,|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
| 6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
263 lb (119 kg; 18 st 11 lb)
|NHL team||Dallas Stars|
|NHL Draft|| 14th overall, 2011|
Jamieson Oleksiak (born December 21, 1992) is a Canadian ice hockey defenceman. He is currently playing for the Dallas Stars of the National Hockey League. Oleksiak was selected 14th overall in the first round of the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Dallas Stars, the highest draft choice in Northeastern University's history.
Oleksiak attended Northeastern University for one year and had 13 points on 4 goals and 9 assists and team-best +13 plus/minus. After his freshman season with the Northeastern Huskies, Oleksiak decided to return to the Canadian Hockey League for further development, and on July 25, 2011 the Saginaw Spirit announced that they had signed Oleksiak to an Ontario Hockey League contract, and on October 6, 2011, it was announced that Oleksiak had signed a three-year entry level contract with the National Hockey League's Dallas Stars. With the Spirit out of contention during the 2011-12 season, Oleksiak was traded to the title contending Niagara IceDogs on January 10, 2012.
On January 30, 2013, the Dallas Stars called up Oleksiak from the Texas Stars of the American Hockey League. Oleksiak assisted Brendan Morrow for his first NHL point on February 13 vs. Calgary Flames.
Oleksiak as a member of Team Canada at the 2012 World Junior Championships.
|Competitor for Canada|
|World Junior Championships|
Oleksiak, who holds dual Canadian/United States citizenship, represented the United States in the 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament which finished in fourth place, but has now decided he will represent Canada internationally.
Oleksiak's sister, Penny Oleksiak, is a Canadian competitive swimmer, who won a gold, a silver and two bronze medals in the 2016 Summer Olympics.
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2009–10||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||24||2||2||4||32||3||0||1||1||2|
Awards and honorsEdit
- 2008 USHL Prospects Camp All-Star Team
- 2009 Ivan Hlinka Memorial Tournament
- Calder Cup Champion 2014
- ↑ Spirit sign first round NHL pick Jamie Oleksiak. Saginaw Spirit (2011-07-25). Retrieved on 2011-07-25.
- ↑ Spirit Defenseman Jamie Oleksiak Signs Entry Level Deal with Dallas. OurSportsCentral.com (2011-10-06). Retrieved on 2012-01-21.
- ↑ IceDogs acquire Team Canada defenceman Oleksiak from Saginaw. Niagara IceDogs (2012-01-10). Retrieved on 2012-01-10.
- ↑ Stepneski, Mark (2013-01-31). Stars seek different look with Oleksiak, Roussel. NHL.com. Retrieved on 2013-02-01.
- ↑ Stars select Oleksiak 14th in 2011 NHL Entry Draft « Future Considerations. Futureconsiderationsdotca.wordpress.com (2011-06-24). Retrieved on 2012-01-21.
- ↑ Headlines: NHL draft pick Jamie Oleksiak to try out for Team Canada, not USA. The Hockey News (2011-07-05). Retrieved on 2012-01-21.
- ↑ "Beach native to suit up with national junior team". 'insidetoronto.com (2015-04-05). Retrieved on 2015-04-05.
- ↑ "Rio 2016 Athlete Penny Oleksiak". rio2016.com (2016-06-07). Archived from the original on August 6, 2016. Retrieved on 2016-06-07.
- Jamie Oleksiak's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Jamie Oleksiak's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|Dallas Stars first round draft pick|
| Succeeded by|