|Born|| September 22 1988,|
San Jacinto, CA, USA
| 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
200 lb (91 kg; 14 st 4 lb)
| NHL team (P)|
| Colorado Avalanche|
Allen Americans (CHL)
</div></div> Jake Newton (born September 22, 1988) is an American professional ice hockey defenceman who is currently playing for the Allen Americans of the Central Hockey League as a prospect within the Colorado Avalanche organization of the National Hockey League. Upon completing his freshman year in 2009–10 with Northeastern University and selected to the Hockey East All-Rookie Team, Newton was signed as an undrafted free-agent to a three-year entry level contract with the Anaheim Ducks on March 17, 2010. He was traded to the Avalanche from the Anaheim Ducks along with a conditional draft pick for defenceman Kyle Cumiskey on October 8, 2011.
|2011–12||Lake Erie Monsters||AHL||31||1||2||3||8||—||—||—||—||—|
Awards and honorsEdit
|Second All-Star Team||2008–09|||
|HE All-Rookie Team||2009–10|||
- ↑ "Ducks sign Newton". Anaheim Ducks (2010-03-17). Retrieved on 2012-06-18.
- ↑ Avalanche acquires Newton, draft pick from Anaheim. Colorado Avalanche (2010-10-08). Retrieved on 2010-10-08.
- ↑ "Team CCM win USHL prospect All-Star game". hockeysfuture.com (2009-01-02). Retrieved on 2011-04-06.
- ↑ "CCM win USHL All-Star contest". United States Hockey League (2009-01-02). Retrieved on 2011-04-06.
- ↑ "Jake Newton player profile". The Hockey News (2011-07-13). Retrieved on 2012-01-02.
- ↑ "Jake Newton player Biography". The Sports Network (2011-07-13). Retrieved on 2012-01-02.
- Jake Newton's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Jake Newton's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Jake Newton. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|