|Born|| December 1 1981,|
Liptovský Mikuláš, CZE
| 5 ft 11 in (1.8 m)|
183 lb (83 kg; 13 st 1 lb)
| KHL team|
| Barys Astana|
Ján Laco at the 2014 Winter Olympics
|Competitor for Slovakia|
Ján Laco (pronounced [ˈjaːn ˈlatso]) (born December 1, 1981) is a Slovak ice hockey goaltender who is currently playing for the Barys Astana in the Kontinental Hockey League. He played for Slovakia at the 2012 Ice Hockey World Championships where he won a silver medal and was named the tournament's top goaltender. He won the IIHF Continental Cup 2013 with HC Donbass and was named the best goalkeeper in the tournament. Laco was named Slovak goaltender of the year in 2012 and best World Championship 2012 Goalie. Laco was also chosen to the Slovakian squad for the Ice hockey at the 2014 Winter Olympics, and took part in one group stage game, the last group stage game against Russia. Slovakia lost the game on penalties, but Laco got a lot of positive comments for his game and the big number of saves he made. Laco also took part in the 5-3 loss game to the Czech Republic. On June 30, 2014, Laco signed one year contract with Barys Astana.
- ↑ http://www.iihf.com/competition/326/news/news-singleview-club-continental-cup/recap/7491.html?tx_ttnews%5BbackPid%5D=7028&cHash=213b662f3e
- ↑ http://www.championat.com/hockey/article-128815-laco-ja-mechtal-poluchit-jetot-priz.html
- ↑ http://www.iihf.com/competition/272/news/news-singleview-2012/recap/6990.html
- ↑ Russia survives shootout to beat Slovakia. USA Today (February 16, 2014). Retrieved on July 14, 2014.
- ↑ Radulov, Kovalchuk lead Russia to shootout win. National Hockey League (February 16, 2014). Retrieved on July 14, 2014.
- ↑ KHL: HC Barys sign Slovak goalie. inform.kz (July 1, 2014). Retrieved on July 14, 2014.
- Ján Laco's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Ján Laco's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Ján Laco. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|