| 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
211 lb (96 kg)
| KHL Team|
| Ak Bars Kazan|
|Born|| March 12 1982,|
Moscow, Russian SFSR, URS
|NHL Draft|| 31st overall, 2000|
|Pro Career||2000 – present|
Ilya Vladimirovich Nikulin (Russian: Илья Владимирович Никулин; born March 12, 1982 in Moscow, Russian SFSR, Soviet Union) is a Russian professional ice hockey defenceman currently playing for Ak Bars Kazan of the Kontinental Hockey League (KHL). Nikulin was drafted by the Atlanta Thrashers in the second round, 31st overall in the 2000 NHL Entry Draft.
Later that year, Nikulin began his professional career in the Russian Superleague (RSL) with Dynamo Moscow. He played with Dynamo for five seasons. In 2005, he joined Ak Bars Kazan. His five-year contract with Kazan included allowing him to leave for the NHL. However, after negotiations in 2008 and 2009, Nikulin did not sign a contract with the Thrashers.
Nikulin has played for Team Russia. He competed at the 1999 under-18 Championship, earned a silver medal at the 2000 World Junior Championship, and a bronze at the 2007 World Championship. He was selected to the 2010 Russian Olympic team.
|Junior int'l totals||13||1||2||3||10|
|Senior int'l totals||56||7||13||20||22|
- ↑ Ilya Nikulin: NHL is my Childhood Dream (7 November 2008). Retrieved on 30 December 2009.
- ↑ Ilya Nikulin. Atlanta Thrashers. Retrieved on 30 December 2009.
- ↑ Russia passes on Kovalev, names team. Toronto Sun (25 December 2009). Retrieved on 30 December 2009.
- ↑ Ilya Nikulin (Atlanta Thrashers): I really wanted to go to Atlanta. Soviet Sports Press (14 August 2008). Retrieved on 30 December 2009.
- Ilja Nikulin's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Ilya Nikulin - player profile and career stats at European Hockey.Net
- Ilya Nikulin's NHL player profile
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Ilya Nikulin. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|