Igor Ulanov (born October 1, 1969, in Krasnokamsk, Russia) is a former National Hockey League defenceman. Ulanov was drafted by the Winnipeg Jets(now the Phoenix Coyotes) in the tenth round of the 1991 NHL Entry Draft. He has played for the Jets, Washington Capitals, Chicago Blackhawks, Tampa Bay Lightning, Montreal Canadiens, Edmonton Oilers, New York Rangers and the Florida Panthers, as well as European and American Hockey League clubs. At the 2002 trade deadline, he was part of a package sent to the Florida Panthers for Pavel Bure. Ulanov returned to Edmonton for the 2003–04 season and remained a member of the Oilers through the 2005–06 season. Igor has also represented Russia at the 1994 World Championships and the 1996 World Cup of Hockey. He has 3 children and is now divorced. He was playing for Lokomotiv Yaroslavl of the Russian Super League, until late January 2008, when he walked off the team because of taking issue with being benched. He then signed with HC Dinamo Minsk of the Kontinental Hockey League.
He played in 739 NHL games and scored 27 goals and 135 assists with 1151 penalty minutes.
- October 17, 1995 - Washington trades Ulanov to Chicago 3rd round draft pick in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft.
- March 20, 1996 - Chicago trades Ulanov, Patrick Poulin and a 2nd round pick in the 1996 NHL Entry Draft to Tampa Bay for Enrico Ciccone and a 2nd round pick in the same draft.
- January 15, 1998 - Tampa Bay trades Ulanov, Mick Vukota and Patrick Poulin to Montreal for Darcy Tucker, David Wilkie and Stéphane Richer.
- March 9, 2000 - Montreal trades Ulanov and Alain Nasreddine to Edmonton for Christian Laflamme and Matthieu Descoteaux.
- July 20, 2001 - Ulanov signs with New York as a free agent.
- March 18, 2002 - New York Rangers trade Ulanov, Filip Novak, a 1st round pick and 2nd round pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft, and a 4th round pick in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft to Florida for Pavel Bure and a 2nd round pick in the 2002 NHL Entry Draft.
- Igor Ulanov's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Ulanov Fan Club
- Igor Ulanov's biography at Legends of Hockey
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Igor Ulanov. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|