Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Don (Donald) John Smith (June 3, 1887 - May 13, 1959) was a Canadian professional hockey player who played for the Montreal Canadiens, Montreal Shamrocks, Montreal Wanderers and the Renfrew Creamery Kings.
Smith played senior amateur hockey for his hometown Cornwall HC club in the Federal Amateur Hockey League from 1904 until 1907. He became a professional with Portage la Prairie, Manitoba of the Manitoba Professional Hockey League (MPHL) in 1907-08. He returned to Ontario the following season, playing for St. Catharines, Ontario and Toronto in the Ontario Professional Hockey League(OPHL). In 1909-10, he joined the Montreal Shamrocks of the National Hockey Association (NHA). He played in 1910-11 for Renfrew Creamery Kings before joining the Victoria Aristocrats of the Pacific Coast Hockey Association (PCHA) for a season. He returned the following season (1912–13) to the Montreal Canadiens and played for the Canadiens until 1915, when he was traded to the Montreal Wanderers. Smith left the league at the conclusion of the 1915–16 NHA season to serve in World War I. Upon his return, in 1919–20, Smith re-joined the Montreal Canadiens, now in the National Hockey League, for one last year of professional hockey.
- Signed as a free agent by St. Catharines (OPHL), December 8, 1908.
- Signed as a free agent by Toronto (OPHL) after St. Catharines (OPHL) folded, January 22, 1909.
- Signed as a free agent by Trenton (EOPHL), December 22, 1910.
- Signed by Renfrew (NHA) after jumping contract with Trenton (EOPHL), December 27, 1910.
- Claimed by Montreal Wanderers (NHA) in Dispersal Draft of Renfrew (NHA) players, November 12, 1911.
- Signed by Victoria (PCHA) after jumping contract with Montreal Wanderers (NHA), December , 1911.
- Signed as a free agent by Montreal Canadiens (NHA), November 26, 1912.
- Traded to Montreal Wanderers by Montreal Canadiens for cash, February 2, 1915.
- Rights not retained by Montreal Wanderers after NHA folded, November 26, 1917.
- Signed as a free agent by Montreal, December 11, 1919.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Don Smith. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|