|Born|| September 29 1991,|
Montreal, QC, CAN
| 6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
210 lb (95 kg; 15 st 0 lb)
| NHL team|
| Free Agent|
|NHL Draft|| 67th overall, 2010|
Danny Biega (born September 29, 1991) is a Canadian ice hockey defenceman he is currently an unrestricted free agent. He most recently played for the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL). He was selected by the Hurricanes in the third round (67th overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. His brother Alex Biega plays for the Vancouver Canucks.
He played his collegiate hockey for the Harvard Crimson in the ECAC Hockey conference. In his junior year, Biega's outstanding play was recognized when he was named the ECAC's best defensive defenceman and selected to the 2011–12 ECAC Hockey First Team.
During the 2014–15 season, his second year with the Carolina Hurricanes of the National Hockey League (NHL) he was recalled by the Hurricanes. Biega made his NHL debut with Carolina on March 19, 2015 in his hometown of Montreal.
Awards and honoursEdit
|All-ECAC Hockey Second Team||2010–11|
|ECAC Best Defensive Defenceman||2011–12|||
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2011–12|||
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2011–12|
|ECAC Hockey All-Tournament Team||2012|||
- ↑ Men's Hockey Players Earn ECAC Awards. Harvard Crimson (2012-03-17). Retrieved on 2012-03-17.
- ↑ Hurricanes Recall Danny Biega from Charlotte. Carolina Hurricanes (2015-03-18). Retrieved on 2015-03-19.
- ↑ "Union coach Bennett wins Tim Taylor Award; goalie Grosenick wins Ken Dryden Award (Final)" by Parting Schotts
- ↑ ECAC Hockey Mobile : League Announces Regular-Season Awards
- ↑ "All-Tournament Honors", ECAC Hockey. Retrieved on 2014-05-12.
- Danny Biega's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Danny Biega's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Best Defensive Defenseman|
| Succeeded by|