Dania Simmonds (from Aurora, Ontario) is a women’s ice hockey player currently competing with the Brampton Thunder
Simmonds competed with the Toronto Aeros of the PWHL for three seasons. Serving as an assistant captain for the 2006-07 season, she would follow it up as team captain in 2007-08, as the Aeros enjoyed a second place finish. At the high school level, Simmonds suited up for Aurora’s Dr. G.W. Williams team. Bestowed the honor of the captaincy for her junior and senior seasons, she garnered MVP nods from 2005-07.
From 2008-12, Simmonds never missed a game with the Dutchwomen. An assist in an October 3, 2008 match against Boston University signified her first career NCAA point. In the aftermath of her sophomore season (2009-10), she was a co-recipient of the Dutchwomen’s Most Improved Player Award, sharing honors with Perri Maduri. During the 2011-12 campaign, Simmonds served as the captain for the Dutchwomen. She would log assists in consecutive games against Syracuse on October 21 and 22. Her final NCAA point came in a February 4 match against the Cornell Big Red, giving her a career high 10 on the year.
Simmonds has three older brothers that all played hockey. In addition, Simmonds was a prominent soccer player as a youth, competing with the Richmond Hill (ON) Raiders. For the 2013-14 hockey season, she served as a coach and recruiter for a team of girls that competed at the World Select Invitational Tournament in Helsinki, Finland. Her team would compete at a pre-tournament tour in Prague, Czech Republic, followed by the gold medal win at the World Selects.
- ↑ http://www.uscho.com/stats/player/wid,6684/dania-simmonds/
- ↑ http://cwhl_site.stats.pointstreak.com/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=277088&seasonid=9580
- ↑ http://cwhl_site.stats.pointstreak.com/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=277088&seasonid=11441
- ↑ http://cwhl_site.stats.pointstreak.com/teamplayerstats.html?teamid=277088&seasonid=13281
- ↑ http://cwhl_site.stats.pointstreak.com/playerpage.html?playerid=8994306&seasonid=14588