Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Commonwealth Coast Conference "CCC" is a NCAA Division III men's ice hockey league that is scheduled to begin play with the 2016-17 season. The CCC was first established in 1984 as an all-sport NCAA Division III conference. The CCC is an all-sport conference which already is the all-sport home to Curry, Endicott, Nichols, Salve Regina, University of New England, Wentworth, and Western New England. With the University of New England establishing its program there is now seven teams playing D-III men's hockey and that would qualify the new conference for an automatic bid to the NCAA Division III tournament. The other three schools are "staying" with the conference under its' "new name". The CCC was first established in 1984 as an all-sport NCAA Division III conference.
Seven of the conference's current members already sponsor men's ice hockey. (Previous conference affiliation for men's ice hockey)
- Curry Colonels (ECAC Northeast)
- Endicott Gulls (ECAC Northeast)
- Nichols Bison (ECAC Northeast)
- Salve Regina Seahawks (ECAC Northeast)
- University of New England Nor'Easters (ECAC East)
- Wentworth Leopards (ECAC Northeast)
- Western New England Golden Bears (ECAC Northeast)
Three institutions will also join the conference as associate members for men's ice hockey:
- Becker Hawks (ECAC Northeast)
- Johnson and Wales Wildcats (ECAC Northeast)
- Suffolk University (ECAC Northeast)
The following schools do not sponsor men's varsity ice hockey:
- Eastern Nazarene College Lions (Crusaders until 2009) (announced the addition of ice hockey in 1964, but no history found on team)
- Gordon College Fighting Scots (has a club hockey program, had varsity team 1974-1981)
- Roger Williams University Hawks (has a club hockey program, had varsity team 1984-1998)
Around the same time as the CCC announced its' formation the ECAC East conference (men's and women's) announced it would secede from the ECAC and form their own conference which will be known as the New England Hockey Conference. Due to membership remaining consistent during the process it is expected that both conferences will retain automatic NCAA tournament qualifier spots. Traditionally, new conferences are subject for up to a two-year waiting period for automatic qualification and would have to compete for Pool B bids in the interim.
|Becker Hawks||Worcester, MA||New England Sports Center|
|Curry Colonels||Milton, MA||Conway Arena|
|Endicott Gulls||Beverly MA||Raymond J Bourque Arena|
|Johnson and Wales Wildcats||Providence, RI||Blackstone Valley Sports Center|
|Nichols Bison||Dudley, MA||Levy Rink|
|Salve Regina Seahawks||Newport, RI||St. George's School Ice Rink|
|Suffolk Rams||Boston, MA||Steriti Memorial Rink, O'Neil Rink|
|U New England Nor'Easters||Biddeford, ME||Harold Alfond Forum|
|Wentworth Leopards||Boston, MA||Walter Brown Arena, Allied Veterans Rink|
|Western New England Golden Bears||Springfield, MA||Smead Arena|