|Born|| December 21 1993,|
Ottawa, ON, CAN
| 6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
215 lb (98 kg; 15 st 5 lb)
|NHL team||Ottawa Senators|
|NHL Draft|| 15th overall, 2012|
</div></div> Cody Ceci (born December 21, 1993) is a Canadian professional ice hockey player with the Ottawa Senators of the National Hockey League (NHL). After playing junior-age ice hockey with the Ottawa 67's, Ceci was selected 15th overall in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft by the Senators. He made his NHL debut in the 2013–14 season after playing for the Senators' American Hockey League (AHL) affiliate Binghamton Senators.
Born and raised in Ottawa, Ceci is the son of retired Canadian Football League receiver and 1984 Vanier Cup MVP Parri Ceci. He left Ottawa at the age of 13 to attend Lakefield College School, a private boarding institution just north of Peterborough, Ontario. After being drafted, Ceci joined the Ottawa 67's. While playing with the Ottawa 67's, Ceci attended Carleton University.
Playing career Edit
With the Ottawa 67's in 2011–12, Ceci finished second in scoring amongst all OHL defenseman with 60 points. So eager was Ottawa Senators' GM Bryan Murray to select Ceci that he contacted three different teams early in the 2012 draft in an effort to move up and take the defenceman before another team could. "I honestly never thought he would be available at 15," said Murray. On August 23, 2012, Ceci signed a three-year entry level contract with the Senators.
On January 8, 2013, in an effort to overtake the London Knights in the OHL's Western Conference, the Owen Sound Attack obtained Ceci from the 67's. Ceci did not have NHL callup rights and was thus able to finish the season in junior. Once the Attack were eliminated, Ceci was called up to finish the season in the AHL with the Binghamton Senators, playing in the team's final three games of the regular season. Paired on defence with team captain Mark Borowiecki, he scored his first professional point in his second game with Binghamton and scored his first professional goal a day later in the season finale.
ProfessionalEditIn October 2013, Ceci was assigned to the Binghamton Senators after training camp. After a suspension to Senators defenceman Jared Cowen, Ceci was called up to Ottawa in December and played his first game in the NHL on December 12, 2013 in Ottawa against the Buffalo Sabres, a 2–1 win for Ottawa. Two games later, on December 16, 2013 at 3:59 of overtime against goaltender Brian Elliott of the St. Louis Blues, Ceci scored his first NHL goal, to win the game 3-2.
Awards and honoursEdit
- 2010 World U-17 Hockey Challenge silver medal
- 2011–12 OHL Second All-Star Team
- 2012–13 OHL Second All-Star Team
Regular season and playoffsEdit
|2008–09||Peterborough Minor Petes||ETA||57||24||48||72||26||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Owen Sound Attack||OHL||27||8||16||24||2||12||1||9||10||0|
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 DRAFT PROSPECT CECI LEARNED FROM DAD'S CFL DISAPPOINTMENT http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398461
- ↑ Draft Profiles: No.10 – Cody Ceci http://blogs.thescore.com/nhl/2012/06/21/draft-profiles-no-10-cody-ceci/
- ↑ Patience a virtue for GM Bryan Murray as Senators draft Cody Ceci http://sports.nationalpost.com/2012/06/23/patience-a-virtue-for-gm-bryan-murray-as-senators-draft-cody-ceci/
- ↑ SENATORS SIGN FIRST-ROUND PICK CECI TO ENTRY-LEVEL DEAL http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=403691
- ↑ Owen Sound Attack land Senators first-rounder Cody Ceci in blockbuster OHL trade, as Ottawa 67′s try to bottom out correctly http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/blogs/jrhockey-buzzing-the-net/owen-sound-attack-land-cody-ceci-blockbuster-ohl-201353904.html
- ↑ Helmer, Aedan. "Ottawa Sens prospect Cody Ceci reaches pro ranks", Ottawa Sun, April 6, 2009. Retrieved on May 29, 2013.
- ↑ http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/cecis-first-goal-sees-sens-past-blues-in-ot/
- ↑ The Canadian Press. "Homecoming: Cody Ceci scores overtime winner in Senators' 3-2 victory over Blues", NHL.com, December 16, 2013. Retrieved on December 16, 2013.
- Cody Ceci's player profile at Ontario Hockey League
- Cody Ceci's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Cody Ceci's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|Ottawa Senators first round draft pick|
| Succeeded by|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Cody Ceci. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|