Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| 6 ft 0 in (1.83 m)|
195 lb (89 kg)
| NHL Team (P)|
| Calgary Flames|
Abbotsford Heat (AHL)
Columbus Blue Jackets
|Born|| April 5 1983,|
Sturgeon Lake, MN, USA
|Pro Career||2005 – present|
Clay Wilson played collegiate hockey for Michigan Tech from 2001 until 2005. After the 2004–05 collegiate season ended, he turned professional with the Muskegon Fury of the UHL. He played parts of two seasons with Muskegon before joining the Grand Rapids Griffins of the AHL. After the 2005–06 season, he was signed as a free agent by the Anaheim Ducks of the NHL. He played for the Ducks' AHL affiliate, the Portland Pirates before being traded to the Columbus Blue Jackets of the NHL in November 2007.
Wilson made his NHL debut with the Blue Jackets on March 25, 2008, against the Nashville Predators. He scored his first NHL goal and assist on March 26, 2008 in a game against the Chicago Blackhawks, earning him first star honors in only his second NHL game. On January 14, 2009, Wilson was traded by the Blue Jackets, along with a 6th round draft pick, to the Atlanta Thrashers for Jason Williams.
Clay signed a two-year, two-way contract with the Florida Panthers on July 2, 2009. Wilson was then assigned to AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans, for the majority of the 2009–10 season before making his Panthers debut on April 3, 2010 against the New York Rangers. Although appearing in only two NHL games, Clay scored an impressive 60 points in 75 games with the Americans to be named to the AHL's Second All-Star Team.
On July 3, 2011, Wilson signed a one-year, two-way contract with the Calgary Flames.
|2005–06||Grand Rapids Griffins||AHL||60||10||27||37||40||16||0||3||3||8|
|2007–08||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||7||1||1||2||2||—||—||—||—||—|
|2008–09||Columbus Blue Jackets||NHL||5||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- ↑ Wilson scores goal, assist in win. NHL (2008-03-26). Retrieved on 2008-06-10.
- ↑ Thrashers acquire Clay Wilson and a 6th round draft pick in 2009 NHL Draft from Columbus for Jason Williams. Atlanta Thrashers (2009-01-14). Retrieved on 2009-01-14.
- ↑ Blue Jackets trade for help on the power play. dispatch.com (2009-01-14). Retrieved on 2009-01-14.
- ↑ Florida Panthers sign Clay Wilson. Florida Panthers (2009-07-02). Retrieved on 2009-08-25.
- ↑ Rangers 4, Panthers 1. CBS Sports (2010-04-03). Retrieved on 2010-05-17.
- ↑ First and Second All-Star Team named. AHL (2010-04-01). Retrieved on 2010-05-03.
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Clay Wilson. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|