Laurium is a town of about 2000 people in the western part of Michigan's upper peninsula. It was known as Calumet until 1895. Another town, Red Jacket, adopted the name Calumet in 1929.
Back in the early 1900's, when copper mining was at its peak, the area had a population of over 20,000. The town had a team in the International Professional Hockey League known as the Calumet-Latrium Miners.
- Calumet (United States Amateur Hockey Association, 1920-1922) withdrew
- Calumet (Michigan-Ontario-Wisconsin League, 1947-1948)
- Calumet Hawks (American Amateur Hockey Association, 1927-1928)
- Calumet Miners (International Professional Hockey League, 1905-1906) renamed Wanderers
- Calumet Wanderers (International Professional Hockey League, 1906-1907)
- Calumet-Houghton Chiefs (USHL, 1972-1973) renamed Copper Country Islanders
- Calumet-Latrium Miners (International Professional Hockey League, 1904-1905) renamed Calumet Miners
- Copper Country Chiefs (USHL, 1974-1976)
- Copper Country Islanders (USHL, 1973-1974) renamed Copper Country Chiefs
- Marquette Iron Rangers (USHL, 1964-1976) withdrew
- Palestra (Michigan)
- Calumer Armory Ice Rink
- Calumet, Michigan on Wikipedia