Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Pro Career||1999 – present|
CJ Ireland was one of the first players on the Mercyhurst Lakers women's ice hockey program that began in 1999. She was team captain from 1999–2003 and played in every one of the Lakers' 129 games. Her team's four-year win loss record was 86-38-5. In her senior season, the Lakers were 25-8-1. This was the Lakers' first season in College Hockey America (CHA). She scored 43 goals and set a record for most goals scored in one season by a Lakers player (since broken). At season’s end, her accomplishments were featured in Sport's Illustrated's Faces in the Crowd section (week of April 13). Ireland graduated as the career leader in goals, assists, and points. In addition,was recognized as the 2003 Mercyhurst College Female Student Athlete of the Year.
After her NCAA career came to a close, she became an assistant coach for Manhattanville College in Purchase, New York. She was one of the coaches involved in the NAHA Labor Day Tournament in September 2004.
Awards and honorsEdit
- ↑ "Faces in the Crowd", SportsIllustrated.com, April 13, 2003. Retrieved on 28 April 2010.
- ↑ Hall of Fame. Mercyhurst Athletics. Retrieved on 22 April 2010.
- ↑ http://www.hockeybc.com/Vermont/College_Coaches/college_coaches.html
- ↑ http://oswh.ca/page.php?page_id=10585&team_id=57056
- ↑ http://hurstathletics.cstv.com/trads/srathlete.html
- ↑ http://www.chawomenshockey.com/information/awardWinners