|Born|| August 21 1991,|
Lethbridge, AB, CAN
| 6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
214 lb (97 kg; 15 st 4 lb)
| NHL team (P)|
| Edmonton Oilers|
Oklahoma City Barons (AHL)
|NHL Draft|| 162nd overall, 2010|
</div></div> Brandon Davidson (born August 21, 1991) is a Canadian professional ice hockey defenceman. He is currently playing with the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League (AHL). Davidson was selected by the Edmonton Oilers in the 6th round (162nd overall) of the 2010 NHL Entry Draft. Prior to playing professional hockey, Davidson played junior with the Regina Pats of the Western Hockey League. During his final season of junior hockey, Davidson served as the Pats captain. He signed his first professional contract with the Oilers on May 31, 2012.
Davidson was named the Pats Rookie of the Year after the 2009–10 season. During his first full professional season with the Oklahoma City Barons of the American Hockey League (AHL), Davidson was diagnosed with testicular cancer after a routine medical exam. He underwent surgery and chemotherapy before being cleared to return to playing hockey. Davidson started his return to hockey with the Stockton Thunder of the ECHL. He was named the winner of the Fred T. Hunt Memorial Trophy, as the AHL player who best exemplifies the qualities of sportsmanship, determination and dedication to hockey.
- ↑ Oilers agree to terms with Davidson. Edmonton Oilers (2012-05-31). Retrieved on 2014-01-18.
- ↑ Davidson, Brandon. National Hockey League. Retrieved on 2014-01-18.
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 Van Diest, Derek (2013-09-10). After overcoming cancer, Edmonton Oilers prospect Brandon Davidson can handle on-ice challenges. Edmonton Sun. Retrieved on 2014-01-18.
- ↑ Brandon Davidson. Oklahoma City Barons. Retrieved on 2014-01-18.
- Brandon Davidson's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Brandon Davidson's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Brandon Davidson. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|