Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|City||Bradford, Ontario, Canada|
|League||Greater Metro Junior A Hockey League|
|Home arena||Bob Fallis Sports Centre|
|General manager||Michael Telford (2014-15)|
|Head coach||Michael Telford (2014-15)|
The Bulls were announced on February 23, 2012 by the GMHL. They are the namesake of the old Bradford Bulls Junior C team that which became the Bradford Rattlers. The Ratters and Bulls will play out of different arenas in Bradford, but will finally give the Rattlers a true geographical rival.
The Bradford Bulls first regular season game was on September 16, 2012 in Bradford, Ontario, Canada. The game was on the road against the cross town rivals the Bradford Rattlers. The game resulted in a 6-2 loss for the Bulls but the Bulls had its first goal in GMHL franchise history. The first goal was scored by #2 Clint Zumer and assisted by hometown boy #22 Justin Tucker.
On March 26, 2013, the Bradford Bulls won the GMHL playoffs in a 4-games-to-1 series victory against their hometown rival and defending champion Bradford Rattlers. The Bulls finished the regular season first place in the South Division, fourth overall and three points out of second. The faced the Knights of Meaford in the first round and swept them 3-games-to-none. In the second round, they swept territorial rival Alliston Coyotes 3-games-to-none. Instead of a division final, the league elected to do a divisional crossover and the Bulls had to face the second seed from the North, the Temiscaming Royals. The Bulls took the series in a four game sweep and were set to face the Rattlers in a "Sidewalk Series" as they knocked off the first seeded Seguin Huskies. Although the Rattlers gave the Bulls their only loss of the playoffs, it was not nearly enough as the Bulls took their first league title in two years of existence.
|2012-13||42||20||20||0||2||182||195||42||8th GMHL||Lost Division Semi-final|
|2013-14||42||32||6||-||4||226||109||68||4th GMHL||Won League|
|2014-15||42||12||29||-||1||144||221||25||5th SC Div - 15th GMHL||Lost Conference Elimination|
- 2013 Lost Division semi-final
- Bradford Bulls defeated Toronto Canada Moose 3-games-to-1 in division quarter-final
- Orangeville Americans defeated Bradford Bulls 3-games-to-1 in division semi-final
- 2014 Won League
- Bradford Bulls defeated Knights of Meaford 3-games-to-none in division quarter-final
- Bradford Bulls defeated Alliston Coyotes 3-games-to-none in division semi-final
- Bradford Bulls defeated Temiscaming Titans 4-games-to-none in crossover series
- Bradford Bulls defeated Bradford Rattlers 4-games-to-1 in final Russell Cup Champions
- 2015 Won League
- Orangeville Americans defeated Bradford Bulls 6-5 (game) in Conference Elimination Round 1
League award winnersEdit
- Marshall Uretsky Award
- An annual award "to the player who is adjudged the most valuable player (MVP) in the regular season"
- Tyler Fines Award
- An annual award "to the player selected as the most proficient in his first year of competition in the GMHL"
- Louis Ricci Award
- An annual award "to the forward who demonstrates throughout the season the greatest ability at the position"
- Al Donnan Award
- ↑ http://www.bradfordbulls.ca/news/bulls_join_gmhl.html
- ↑ http://gmhl.net/wrapper/game.php?game_id=99518
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Bradford Bulls (2012–). The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|