Birmingham is the largest city in Alabama. It is located in the northern part of the state.
The city has a population of about 230,000 with a metro population of just over a million.
- Central Hockey League (1979-1981) suspended operations February 24, 1981
- Atlantic Coast Hockey League (1983-1983) ceased operations
- Central Hockey League (1982-1983) ceased operations
- Birmingham Jefferson Convention Center (1976-Present) undergoing renovations scheduled for completion sometime in 2014
- Birmingham, Alabama on Wikipedia