|League||Chinook Hockey League|
|Home arena||Gary Moe Auto Group Sportsplex|
|Colors||Brown, Blue, Black|
|General manager||Jeff McInnis|
|Head coach||Curtis Austring|
The Lacombe Generals are a Senior AAA ice hockey team from Lacombe, Alberta, Canada that play in the Chinook Hockey League. The Generals are three-time national champions, having won the Allan Cup in 2009 and 2016 in Steinbach, Manitoba and in 2013 in Red Deer, Alberta. The club was formally known as the Bentley Generals from 1999-2016, and played out of the Bentley Arena in Bentley, Alberta, as well as the Red Deer Arena. In late May of the 2016 the team announced that they would be relocating to Lacombe, Alberta and would be renamed the Lacombe Generals.
The Bentley Generals hockey club was formed in 1999 and began play in the Chinook Hockey League. The team won its first provincial senior 'A' title in 2001. The following year, the Generals registered as an 'AAA' club and competed in the Allan Cup playdowns for the first time. Former NHLer Kelly Buchberger was a member of the Generals in 2005, while the team also attempted to play Ryan Smyth during the 2004–05 NHL lockout, though Smyth was ruled ineligible to play.
In 2009, the Generals, once again coached by Sutter, won their first Allan Cup with a 4-3 win in double overtime over Manitoba's South East Prairie Thunder. In 2013, the Generals hosted the Allan Cup in Red Deer, Alberta and captured their second title by defeating Newfoundland's Clarenville Caribous 3-0 in the championship game. The Generals returned to Steinbach in 2016 and defeated the host Prairie Thunder again by a score of 4-3 in overtime to win their third Allan Cup. The Generals have been Allan Cup finalist four other times: 2008, 2010, 2011, and 2015.
In December 2015 it was announced that the Generals were relocating to Lacombe, Alberta for the 2016–17 season, citing a drop in attendance as a reason for the move.  The partnership with the City of Lacombe was made official in the summer of 2016. The Generals will play out of the newly renovated Gary Moe Auto Group Sportsplex in the Can Pak Ice Complex, formerly known as the Barnett Arenas.
The move wasn't the only change the Generals would make for the 2016-17 season. In July 2016 it was announced Head Coach Ryan Tobler would be stepping down to work as an Assistant Coach with the ECHL's Colorado Eagles. In August 2016, it was announced longtime Generals player Curtis Austring would be Tobler's successor. 
Note: GP = Games played, W = Wins, L = Losses, T = Ties, OTL = Overtime losses, Pts = Points, GF = Goals for, GA = Goals against
Allan Cup Championships = 3 (2009, 2013, 2016)
Allan Cup Finals = 8 (2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2015, 2016, 2017)
Allan Cup Appearances = 10 (2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017)
- Travis Brigley
- Jeremy Colliton
- Trent Hunter
- Brian Sutter (Coach)
- Peter Vandermeer
- Darren Van Impe
- Craig Weller
- ↑ http://www.lacombeglobe.com/2016/08/12/longtime-general-named-teams-new-head-coach
- ↑ http://www.brantfordexpositor.ca/2013/04/21/bentley-generals-make-allan-cup-history
- ↑ http://www.hockeycanada.ca/en-ca/news/bentley-generals-win-allan-cup
- ↑ http://www.thespec.com/sports-story/4467492-allan-cup-real-mccoys-beat-bentley-to-move-to-semifinals/
- ↑ Van Diest, Derek (2005-12-11). Senior hockey caters to former junior, pro players. Edmonton Sun. Retrieved on 2008-04-09.
- ↑ Bentley Generals History. bentleygenerals.ca. Retrieved on 2013-04-21.
- ↑ Tychkowski, Robert (2007-04-18). Sutter shows the way. Edmonton Sun. Retrieved on 2008-04-09.
- ↑ http://rdc.ab.ca/current-students/athletics/kings-queens/kings-hockey/coaches
- ↑ Lacombe Express - Bentley Generals set to move to Lacombe.
- ↑ 10.0 10.1 Gary Moe Auto Group becomes official sponsor of sports complex. Lacombe Globe (2016-06-29). Archived from the original on 2016-06-30. Retrieved on 2016-10-03.
- ↑ nurun.com. Longtime General named team's new head coach.
- ↑ 12.0 12.1 12.2 12.3 http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/bentley-generals-set-to-begin-quest-for-allan-cup-glory/article11195197/
- ↑ http://docstudio.tvo.org/story/blood-sweat-and-beers
- ↑ http://www.legendsofhockey.net/LegendsOfHockey/jsp/SearchPlayer.jsp?player=20482
- ↑ http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8468647
|Chinook Hockey League|
|Teams||Fort Saskatchewan Chiefs · Innisfail Eagles · Lacombe Generals · Rosetown Red Wings · Stony Plain Eagles|
|Former teams||Lloydminster Border Kings · Okotoks Drillers · Sylvan Lake Admirals|
|Related articles||Allan Cup Hardy Cup|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Lacombe Generals. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|