Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|BGSU Ice Arena|
|Location|| Bowling Green State University|
Bowling Green, Ohio, USA
|Broke ground||Spring, 1965|
|Opened||February 25, 1967|
|Owner||Bowling Green State University|
|Operator||Bowling Green State University|
|Surface||200' x 85'(hockey)|
|Construction cost||$1.8 million|
|Architect||Buegher & Stowe, Toledo, Ohio|
|Tenants|| Bowling Green Falcons|
The Bowling Green State University Ice Arena is a 5,000-seat hockey arena in Bowling Green, Ohio. It is home to the BGSU Falcons ice hockey team of the CCHA. It was built from 1965 to 1967 for a cost of $1.8 million and opened in February 1967. The arena originally had seating for 2,863 until 1989 when it was expanded to its current size of 5,000.
In addition to the main, 200x85, ice sheet, the arena also houses a 80’ X 40’ Studio Ice sheet for figure skating and learn-to-skate programs on the East side of the arena; and a 57' X 150' Curling Ice Sheet on the South end of the building.
- Bowling Green State University's National Collegiate Athletic Association Division I men's team competes in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association (CCHA). The team began in 1969 and played in the MCHA for the first two seasons before joining the CCHA as a charter member for the 1971-72 season.
- BGSU men's club team- ACHA Division II/GLIHA
- BGSU women's club team (independent)
- Bowling Green High School varsity and junior varsity teams
- BGSU intramural broomball, curling, and hockey
- Bowling Green Youth Hockey Association