|Born|| November 7 1988,|
Dallas, TX, USA
| 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
165 lb (75 kg; 11 st 11 lb)
| Liiga team|
|NHL Draft|| 128th overall, 2007|
</div></div> Austin Smith (born November 7, 1988) is an American ice hockey player currently playing for Ässät in the Finnish Liiga. He was selected by the Dallas Stars in the 5th round (128th overall) of the 2007 NHL Entry Draft.
A graduate of Colgate University, Smith played with the Colgate Raiders in the a NCAA Men's Division I ECAC Hockey conference. In his senior year, Smith's outstanding play was recognized when he was recognized as ECAC Hockey's most valuable player and was selected to the 2011–12 ECAC Hockey First Team, as well as a Hobey Baker finalist and First Team All-American.
After a successful loan period with Ässät during the latter half of the 2013–14 season, as an impending free agent with the Dallas Stars, Smith opted to remain with Pori in signing a one-year contract for the following season on January 22, 2014.
Awards and honoursEdit
|ECAC Hockey Player of the Year||2011–12|||
|All-ECAC Hockey First Team||2011–12|||
|AHCA East First-Team All-American||2011–12|
- ↑ Colgate’s Smith makes a career of proving naysayers wrong - USCHO.com - U.S. College Hockey Online
- ↑ Dallas Stars Prospect Austin Smith Personifies Hard Work, Perseverance As Pro Career Begins - Defending Big D
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 ECAC Hockey Mobile : League Announces Regular-Season Awards
- ↑ "Assat extend Austin Smith". Ässät (2014-01-22). Retrieved on 2014-01-22.
- ↑ Dallas Stars Daily Links: Two Stars Prospects Up For Hobey Baker - Defending Big D
- Austin Smith's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Austin Smith's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
|ECAC Hockey Player of the Year|
| Succeeded by|
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Austin Smith. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|