Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Born|| July 25, 1972,|
|Died|| July 24 1992 (aged 19),|
| 5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
178 lb (81 kg; 12 st 10 lb)
|Pro clubs||Traktor Chelyabinsk|
|NHL Draft|| 139th overall, 1992|
Kopot played 28 games for the Russian Superleague team Traktor Chelyabinsk. He did not score any goals or assists with the team, but he accumulated 16 penalty minutes. Shortly after, the Penguins drafted him in the sixth round (139th overall) in the 1992 NHL Entry Draft. Kopot was the first Russian to be drafted by the Penguins, and one of three Europeans to be drafted by the Penguins during the 1992 draft class.
On July 24, 1992, Kopot was involved in a fatal one-car crash. Penguins spokesperson Harry Sanders learned that Kopot was driving alone at the time. He passed away one day shy of his twentieth birthday
- ↑ Inquirer Staff (July 24, 1992). Philly.com, Article Collections: Magic's Roberts Gets Offer Sheet From Mavs. Philly.com. Retrieved on May 27, 2011.
- ↑ LA Times.com: Russian Traffic News: hockey, Artem Kopot passes away
- Artem Kopot's career stats at The Internet Hockey Database
- Artem Kopot's career stats at Eliteprospects.com
- Artem Kopot - player profile and career stats at European Hockey.Net
- Artem Kopot's NHL player profile
|This page uses content from Wikipedia. The original article was at Artem Kopot. The list of authors can be seen in the page history. As with Ice Hockey Wiki, the text of Wikipedia is available under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike License 3.0 (Unported) (CC-BY-SA).|