Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
| [[File:|200px]] |
America East Hockey League
|No. of teams||20 (peak)|
|Last champion(s)||Harrington Icebergs|
|Most championships||Harrington Icebergs – 2|
America East Hockey League was a Junior A league that folded in August 2008. The League had teams in the Northeastern region of the United States.
It stated goal was to develops its players to play on college, Major Junior, and professional teams. America East was also the first Junior League affiliated with the North American Amateur Hockey Association (NAAHA).
The league formed in 2005 with 5 member teams for the 2005-2006 season based in the Northeastern United States. The league expanded to 9 teams for the 2006-2007 season with teams based in the Northeastern and Mid-Atlantic regions of the US. The 2007-2008 season saw 6 teams in the AEHL after a few teams folded and the Eastern Penn Jr. Bucks announced the team would suspend operations for the season. Following the 2007-08 season the AEHL went through major changes when the Pennsylvania Enforcers, Delaware Thunder, and Wooster Oilers left the league to join the new United Junior Hockey League. After the three teams left the AEHL soon announced major expansion of the league into Canada. In May 2008 the AEHL announced four new teams from Quebec joined the AEHL for the upcoming 2008-2009 season. In August 2008 the league went dark. most of the teams have transferred to other independent Jr. hockey leagues, mainly the International Junior Hockey League and the United Junior Hockey League which lasted one season before forming the Northern Junior Hockey League.
- Dover Seawolves (2007-2008)
- Eastern Penn Jr. Bucks (2006-2008)
- Harrington College Icebergs (2005-2008)
- Lionel-Groulx Nordiques (Sainte-Thérèse, Quebec) (2008 expansion)
- Saint Lawrence Lions (Ste-Foy, Quebec) (2008 expansion)
- Team Ulysee (La Plaine, Quebec (2008 expansion)
- Trois-Rivières (Trois-Rivières, Quebec) (2008 expansion)
- Cleveland Training Development Program (2006-2007)
- Exeter Seawolves (2005-2007) renamed Dover Seawolves (2007-2008)
- Long Island Rebels (2006-2008)
- Springfield Jr. Pics (2005-2006)
- South Jersey Raptors (2006-2008)
- New Jersey Ice Hoppers (2005-2007)
- Norwich Icebreakers (2005-2006)
- Pennsylvania Enforcers (2007-2008) moved to UJHL
- Delaware Thunder (2006-2008) moved to UJHL
- Wooster Oilers (2006-2008) moved to UJHL
- Lowell Raiders (2005-2006) suspended by league January 26, 2006 for conduct detrimental to the AEHL