| 5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
136 lb (62 kg)
| Mississauga Jr. Chiefs|
|Born|| February 15 1990,|
Mississauga, ON, Canada
|Pro Career||2008 – present|
Alyssa Baldin (born February 15, 1990) was the last captain in the history of the Wayne State Warriors womens ice hockey program. At the time that the Warriors program was dissolved, she was the Warriors active scoring leader (while ranking seventh all-time in career points). In 2013, she was selected by the Toronto Furies in the CWHL Draft.
For the 2007 National Women's Under-18 Championships, she was selected to Team Ontario Blue. She played three years in the PWHL for the Mississauga Jr. Chiefs. During the 2006-07 campaign, she accumulated 24 points, while she totaled 28 points (10 goals, 18 assists) the following season. In her rookie season with the Chiefs, Baldin scored five goals with six assists. Baldin graduated from Loyola Catholic Secondary School in 2008. She participated in four years of varsity hockey and helped Loyola win four straight Region of Peel championships. In the 2008 Region of Peel championship, she scored two goals. In 2005-06, she was voted as Offensive Player of the Year.
Joining the Wayne State Warriors in autumn 2008, Baldin scored her first career goal on October 18, 2008 at Union. It was also her first collegiate point. She finished 8th among CHA rookies with 18 point (seventh highest by any freshman in Warriors history). On November 13, 2010, she earned her first career hat trick as Wayne State bested Robert Morris by a 4-1 tally. The goal she scored in the second period proved to be the game winning goal, as she became the Warrior since Melissa Boal to register a hat trick. On May 11, 2011, she was named team captain for the Wayne State Warriors upcoming season. Had Wayne State not cancelled their season, she would have been Warriors captain for the second consecutive season.
2013-2014: She would score a goal and get an assist in her CWHL debut with the Toronto Furies. Was named first star during that game. Tallied 4 point games on two separate occasions. Finished the season leading all Furies rookies in points and tied for first in overall Furies points with fellow teammate, Carolyn Prevost.
2014-2015: Baldin was named an assistant captain for the Furies and continues to be a dominant force for the Furies offence.
|2007||National Under 18||4||0||1||1||2|
Awards and honorsEdit
- Three-time OWHA provincial medalist (one gold, two bronze)
- 2009-10 CHA All-Academic Team
- Loyola High School (Mississauga), 2008 Female Athlete of the Year
- Selection, Toronto Star 2008 High School Athletes of the Year in Peel Region
- Wayne State Warrior of the Week (Week of November 15, 2010)
- ↑ http://wsuathletics.com/news/2011/5/10/WHOCKEY_0510110428.aspx
- ↑ http://www.hockeycanada.ca/index.php?ci_id=11737&la_id=1&ss_id=24803&player_id=10706
- ↑ http://english.cis-sic.ca/sports/wice/2012-13/players/alyssabaldinxzd0
- ↑ http://www.thestar.com/sports/highschool/article/455320
- ↑ http://www.thestar.com/Sports/HighSchool/article/455320
- ↑ http://wsuathletics.com/awards.aspx?aow=95