| 5 ft 4 in (1.63 m)|
Hockey East Team
| St. Mary's Lady Spartans|
|Born|| March 4 1989,|
|Pro Career||2005 – present|
Abby "Cedar" Gauthier is the all-time leading scorer in the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association (MIAA). Currently, she competes for the Providence Friars.
Abby"Cedar" Gauthier was recognized in Sports Illustrated Faces in the Crowd feature in the Feb. 4, 2008 edition of the magazine. She was featured after becoming the all-time leading scorer in the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association. As a senior forward at St. Mary's High, she was the alltime leading scorer (girls or boys) with 358 points (179 goals, 179 assists). In 2007-08, her 42 goals and 48 assists led the Spartans to the Division 1 title. While at St. Mary’s, Gauthier earned 11 varsity letters (six in ice hockey, four in softball and one in soccer). She captained the hockey team in both her junior and senior seasons.
Her freshman season was in 2008-09 and she participated in 33 games. She scored three goals to go with seven assists for ten points. On October 4, 2010, she scored her first NCAA goal against Ohio State. Her first NCAA assist came on October 10 versus the St. Lawrence Skating Saints. In the Hockey East semifinals, she scored the Friars only goal in a 3-1 loss to New Hampshire Wildcats.
During the 2009-10 season, she played in 34 games as a sophomore. She scored a career-high four goals to compliment five assists for nine points. On January 2, 2010, she set a career high with two points versus St. Cloud State. In Hockey East conference play, she finished with a +4 rating.During the 11 season she played in all 35 games as Junior. And scored a carrer high 19 points.
During the 11-12 season she played in all 35 games as a senior. And she lead the Friars in scoring her senior season a career high 29 points.
Awards and honorsEdit
- Boston Globe All-Scholastic selection (2005-08)
- Boston Herald All-Scholastic honoree (2005-08)
- Catholic League MVP, 2008
- St. Mary's Athlete of the Year, 2008
- 2009 Providence Friars Seventh Player Award 
- Providence 2011 Seventh player award
- Providence 12 Unsung Hero
- Providence 12 Paul Connelly Award
- ↑ http://www.lynnjournal.com/2011/02/08/face-time-for-foss-st-marys-goaltender-featured-in-sports-illustrated-magazine/#
- ↑ http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/article/magazine/MAG1128213/index.htm
- ↑ http://www.friars.com/sports/w-hockey/mtt/gauthier_abby00.html
- ↑ http://www.friars.com/sports/w-hockey/spec-rel/050111aab.html