Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
The Second National Hockey League All-Star Game took place at Chicago Stadium, home of the Chicago Stadium, on November 3, 1948. For the second year in a row, the game saw the Maple Leafs play a team of NHL all-stars. The All-Stars won the game 3–1.
| || NHL All-Stars || Toronto Maple Leafs
| Final score || 3 || 1
| Head coach || Tommy Ivan (Detroit Red Wings) || Hap Day (Toronto Maple Leafs)
| Scoring summary
- Lindsay (Richard, Lach), 1:35 2nd
- Dumart (unassisted), 3:06 2nd (GWG)
- G. Stewart (D. Bentley), 19:32 2nd (PPG)
- M. Bentley (Costello), 5:13 2nd
- Reardon, 1st
- Howe, major 2nd
- J. Stewart, 2nd
- Bouchard, 2nd
- Bouchard, 3rd
- Ezinicki, 1st
- Mortson, major 2nd
- Juzda, 2nd
| Win/Loss || W - Frank Brimsek || L - Turk Broda
- Note 1: Named to the First All-Star Team in 1947–48.
- Note 2: Named to the Second All-Star Team in 1947–48.
- Podnieks, Andrew (2000), The NHL All-Star Game: Fifty Years of the Great Tradition, Toronto: HarperCollins, ISBN 0-00-200058-X