This is the 2018 Royal Bank Cup, which is Canada's National Junior A Championship. the event will be held May 12 to 20, 2018 at the Prospera Centre in Chilliwack, British Columbia hosted by the Chilliwack Chiefs of the British Columbia Hockey League. The Canadian Junior Hockey League consist of 132 teams from 9 provinces and 9 states across 10 leagues. The host and winners of four regional touraments advance to the tourament.
The bid being awarded to Chilliwack was announced on June 28, 2016.
Traditionally, a host team and four regional champions qualify for the tournament.
- Host: Chilliwack Chiefs (BCHL)
- Eastern (Fred Page Cup champions): Ottawa Jr. Senators (CCHL)
- Central (Dudley Hewitt Cup champions): Wellington Dukes (OJHL)
- Western (Anavet Cup playoff champion): Steinbach Pistons (MJHL)
- Pacific (Doyle Cup playoff champion): Wenatchee Wild (BCHL)
- Ottawa Jr. Senators defeated Wellington Dukes 2-1 (ot)
- Wenatchee Wild defeated Chilliwack Chiefs 2-1 (ot)
- Wenatchee Wild defeated Steinbach Pistons 4-3
- Chilliwack Chiefs defeated Ottawa Jr. Senators 4-3 (ot)
- Wenatchee Wild defeated Ottawa Jr. Senators 3-2 (so)
- Chilliwack Chiefs defeated Wellington Dukes 2-0
Round Robin StandingsEdit
Indicates team advanced to the semifinal round
Indicates team eliminated from further play
Note: Three points are awarded for a regulation win, two are awarded for an overtime win, one is awarded for an overtime loss, and none for a regulation loss.
|Ottawa Jr. Senators||4||0||2||0||2||12||12||6|