The 2018 NCAA Division III Women's Ice Hockey Tournament is a tournament to determine the women's national champion at the Division III level. The field was expanded to nine teams this year.
In previous years eight teams received bids to the tournament five of which are allotted to conference champions and three at-large bids. The quarterfinal round will be held at campus sites. The semifinal and final rounds are to be held at the rink of the highest remaining seed in the tournament.
The Colonial Hockey Conference now playing in its' third season with at least seven members now earn an automatic bid to the tournament. No announcement was made how the tournament format will be changed due to the additional automatic bid. The men's tournament was expanded from 11 to 12 teams in 2016.
The United Collegiate Hockey Conference starts play with the 2017-18 season and would not be eligible for an automatic bid until the 2019-20 season. The team was put in the B pool along with the Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Association champion where one of the two teams would qualify for the tournament with the other team being eligible for an At-large bid.
After completion of the quarterfinal round it was announced that the semifinal and final rounds would be held at Kreitzberg Arena on the campus of Norwich University as the Norwich Cadets were the highest seeded team in the semifinal round.
- Colonial Hockey Conference champion: Morrisville Mustangs
- Northeast Women's Hockey League champion: Plattsburgh Cardinals
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference champion: Hamline Pipers
- New England Hockey Conference champion: Norwich Cadets
- New England Small College Athletic Conference champion: Middlebury Panthers
- Northern Collegiate Hockey Association champion: Adrian Bulldogs
Pool B BidEdit
One of the following schools are selected for the tournament
- UCHC Champion: Elmira Soaring Eagles
- WIAC Champion: Wisconsin-Eau Claire Blugolds
Both schools were selected
Pool C (At-Large) BidsEdit
- Gustavus Adolphus Golden Gusties
- Both Pool B teams selected
- Norwich Cadets defeated Morrisville Mustangs 8-2
- Hamline Pipers defeated Wisconsin-Eau Claire Blugolds 3-2
- Elmira Soaring Eagles defeated Adrian Bulldogs 2-0
- Plattsburgh Cardinals defeated Middlebury Panthers 3-1