This is the 2017 NCAA Division I Women's Ice Hockey Championship.
Eight teams qualify for the single elimination tournament. The top four teams were seeded by the tournament committee. The quarterfinal round game held at the home rink of the higher seeded team. The semifinal and final rounds are held at the Family Arena in St. Charles, Missouri hosted by Lindenwood University and the St. Louis Sports Commission.
Four conference tournament champions earned automatic berths in the tournament.
- College Hockey America tournament champion: Robert Morris Colonials
- ECAC tournament champion: Clarkson Golden Knights
- Hockey East tournament champion: Boston College Eagles
- WCHA tournament champion: Wisconsin Badgers
- Wisconsin Badgers defeated Robert Morris Colonials 7-0
- Clarkson Golden Knights defeated Cornell Big Red 3-1
- Minnesota Golden Gophers defeated Minnesota-Duluth Bulldogs 1-0
- Boston College Eagles defeated St. Lawrence Saints 6-0
- Wisconsin Badgers defeated Boston College Eagles 1-0
- Clarkson Golden Knights defeated Minnesota Golden Gophers 4-3