The 2017 NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Tournament is the tournament to determine the men's national champion at the Division III level.
The tournament was expanded to 12 teams from 11 teams in 2016. No formal announcement was made on the expanded field but the NCAA's Division III Men's Ice Hockey Pre Championship Manual states the field is 12 teams and the bid procedure confirms the expanded field.
All rounds of the tournament will be single elimination. The first round and quarterfinal rounds will be play at campus sites. The semifinal and final rounds will be held at the Utica Memorial Auditorium in Utica, New York on March 24 and 25, 2017.
- Bill Kangas (chair) Head Coach Williams
- Tom DiCamillo SUNYAC Commissioner
- Jared Phillips Assistant AD Gustavus Adolphus
- Mike Szkodzinski Head coach Lawrence
Seven bids are guaranteed to the conference tournament champions of the following conferences
- Commonwealth Coast Conference: Endicott Gulls
- Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference: Salem State Vikings
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference: Augsburg Auggies
- New England Hockey Conference: Norwich Cadets
- New England Small College Athletic Conference: Trinity Bantams
- Northern Collegiate Hockey Association: St. Norbert Green Knights
- State University of New York Athletic Conference: Plattsburgh Cardinals
One spot will be awarded to the champion of the conference tournament of one of the following non-automatic bid conferences:
- ECAC West: Hobart Statesmen
- Wisconsin Intercollegiate Athletic Conference: Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers
Four spots will be awarded to at-large teams made by the selection committee. The school not chosen from Pool B is still eligible for selection.
Games held March 11
- Norwich Cadets defeated Salem State Vikings 3-1
- Hamilton Continentals defeated Oswego Great Lakers 3-1
- Trinity Bantams defeated Plattsburgh Cardinals 4-1
- Endicott Gulls defeated Hobart Statesmen 4-3
Games held March 18
- Norwich Cadets defeated Hamilton Continentals 6-2
- Adrian Bulldogs defeated Wisconsin-Stevens Point Pointers 6-3
- St. Norbert Green Knights defeated Augsburg Auggies 4-3 (ot)
- Trinity Bantams defeated Endicott Gulls 2-1 (2ot)
Games held March 24
- Norwich Cadets defeated Adrian Bulldogs 5-4 (ot)
- Trinity Bantams defeated St. Norbert Green Knights 3-2
Game held March 25