The 2017 NCAA Division III Men's Ice Hockey Tournament is the tournament to determine the men's national champion at the Division III level.
The tournament was expanded to 12 teams from 11 teams in 2016. No formal announcement was made on the expanded field but the NCAA's Division III Men's Ice Hockey Pre Championship Manual states the field is 12 teams and the bid procedure confirms the expanded field
All rounds of the tournament will be single elimination. The first round and quarterfinal rounds will be play at campus sites. The semifinal and final rounds will be held at the Utica Memorial Auditorium in Utica, New York on March 24 and 25, 2017.
Seven bids are guaranteed to the conference tournament champions of the following conferences
- Commonwealth Coast Conference
- Massachusetts State Collegiate Athletic Conference
- Minnesota Intercollegiate Athletic Conference
- New England Hockey Conference
- New England Small College Athletic Conference
- Northern Collegiate Hockey Association
- State University of New York Athletic Conference
One spot will be awarded to the champion of the conference tournament of one of the following non-automatic bid conferences:
Four spots will be awarded to at-large teams made by the selection committee. The school not chosen from Pool B is still eligible for selection.